Author Topic: Returning to UO and scripting after years away  (Read 2485 times)

Offline phylorTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • phylor has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning to UO and scripting after years away
« on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »
Hey there,

My online name I use the most is Phylor, but my real name is Ryan - I started playing UO with Second Age, pretty much just before Renaissance was released and instantly fell in love. I played on OSI (Catskills server) up until Mondain's Legacy, and then retired from UO due to having a daughter and focusing my time and energy on her. After a divorce, I don't get her as often as I would like and find myself with some free time after work so decided to start messing around on some free shards. I'm currently still bouncing around different free shards trying to find a perfect fit (I'm still way into ML, and haven't really gotten into the SA expansion at all.)

I finally found a server that I don't find absolutely horrible and decided to try to build a crafting character, when I discovered that all of my mining/lumberjack scripts are broken due to the missing .MUL files, and that easyuo is pretty much abandoned at this point - and then a friend told me of scriptUO. From the looks of it, it's still active and I'm excited to get back into the gaming/scripting side of UO again.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Returning to UO and scripting after years away
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 03:55:53 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »
Hey there,

My online name I use the most is Phylor, but my real name is Ryan - I started playing UO with Second Age, pretty much just before Renaissance was released and instantly fell in love. I played on OSI (Catskills server) up until Mondain's Legacy, and then retired from UO due to having a daughter and focusing my time and energy on her. After a divorce, I don't get her as often as I would like and find myself with some free time after work so decided to start messing around on some free shards. I'm currently still bouncing around different free shards trying to find a perfect fit (I'm still way into ML, and haven't really gotten into the SA expansion at all.)

I finally found a server that I don't find absolutely horrible and decided to try to build a crafting character, when I discovered that all of my mining/lumberjack scripts are broken due to the missing .MUL files, and that easyuo is pretty much abandoned at this point - and then a friend told me of scriptUO. From the looks of it, it's still active and I'm excited to get back into the gaming/scripting side of UO again.

Look into the rebirthuo server bud! Its associated with SUO, population is low but those that are there are all helpful

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 05:29:35 AM »
Welcome to SUO.

All the changes to UO have been good and bad depending on how you get affected.   No matter what, still lot of fun to have. :)

Offline phylorTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • phylor has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
Look into the rebirthuo server bud! Its associated with SUO, population is low but those that are there are all helpful

That's actually where I am playing now! I like it more and more every day too.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »
Who's your characters?  I might pop in and harass you.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: