Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 - Target Cannot Be Seen  (Read 6472 times)

Offline phylorTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • phylor has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 - Target Cannot Be Seen
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:02:59 AM »
Hopefully this is being posted in the right place - the actual thread for the script itself hasn't seen a post in about a year, and I don't want to be *that* guy that goes around necroing threads.

I am attempting to use XIIxOveR's mining for dummies (tried both 3.0 and 3.1) as almost every other recall miner I've come across just isn't working correctly these days. I downloaded the .mul files found on this site, and popped them into my UO directory - restarted the client, and ran the script.

My character will recall to the first spot, mine the hell out of the entire area, recall back home when overloaded and go back to the first spot to continue mining until there's no more ore in the area... and then gets stuck on a "Target Cannot Be Seen" loop. I tried searching the forums already, and found a post that XII himself responded to that basically said it was normal, and the character was testing the entire 25 tile area, and the script is basically in "setup mode" for the first hour or so.

I let it run for 2 hours, it was still saying Target cannot be seen. I figured maybe there was something wrong with it, but just in case, I let it run overnight. 8 hours later, my miner is still in the same area, and it's still saying Target Cannot Be Seen over and over and over.

I am on a freeshard (Rebirth), I'm using a female human character, and mining in fel cove... I absolutely cannot figure out what's wrong with the script, as everyone else seems to have fantastic luck with it. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know and I'll test them out.

Thanks!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 - Target Cannot Be Seen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
Hi Phylor -

I'll answer here, not that big of a deal, but in the future you should post under the original threads even if it means An Corp :)

The version of this script published here at SUO will not work on free shards, including Rebirth. There are a number of differences between Rebirth and other free shards that need to be addressed including all of the Gump sizes, click locaitons, etc. I did an update when I was playing Rebirth but I never released it publicly.

If one of the other guys has a Rebirth "fixed" version maybe they will be willing to PM it to you .

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:33:37 PM »
Kind of what I assumed was going on - which is a shame because this looks like an absolutely amazing script!

Thanks for the reply!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
If I recall  too,  this one wasn't working for mountain for me, you have to mine in cave.

Few items required to be change because ID are different
this pop in the head.

1) if %ResType
2) click for the tool and make last
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:05:33 PM by The Ghost »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
If I recall  too,  this one wasn't working for mountain for me, you have to mine in cave.

this pop in the head.

1) if %ResType
I had mine working fine for me but stopped playing so never did get the changes wrapped up.

Mountains on Rebirth are different in general if I remember correctly, I was having a much tougher time targeting even manually.

X

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:30:45 AM »

this pop in the head.

1) if %ResType

Thanks for the guidance! I was going to try to test it tonight or tomorrow using caves and trying to tweak whatever needed tweaked using tutorials on here. I'm not a strong scripter, just know enough to read some lines and figure out what's going on - hopefully I can get it working sometime soon!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »
PM me if you'd like to try my experimental mining script.  It was written for Rebirth.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline nightwatchman

• Activity:
    0%
  • nightwatchman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:28:22 AM »
this script worked for me and now it doesn't. I can recall to the first rune but she doesn't mine
Conan

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 08:29:37 AM »
Redownload it.  I just checked and it works flawlessly.

Offline nightwatchman

• Activity:
    0%
  • nightwatchman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »
ok ty
Conan

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »

Does this require the mul files?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »

Does this require the mul files?
Yes.

Tags: xii  XIIxOveR