Author Topic: New OSI Animal training discussion  (Read 19321 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
New OSI Animal training discussion
« on: May 08, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
I was looking at the training system over at UO.com and thought it would be good to discuss it. 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/animal-training/

I see there are stat caps, but I don't see that these caps are applied to any specific creature.  Can you train a chicken to be strength of 700 and have hit points of 1100?  That's just a "for example".  heh

I'm interested in how people are using this and the basics of how it works.  I'd like to modify my creature evaluator to help this system, but at the moment I have limited understanding of the new system.

Discuss...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:14:24 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New OSI Animal training discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:02:06 AM »
It's going to be a lot of work to update yours to support all the new stuff honestly. There's a lot of new things pets can do, with skills that can be trained. And all pets have different skills that can be trained on them. Most pets I believe start out with a certain set of "natural" abilities. And depending on their power at taming, you can add a certain amount of skills and special abilities based on their power I think. So a higher end monster has more points to spend if I'm understanding correctly.

I haven't trained a pet to the point where I can spend points to upgrade it yet, but I've played with the menu extensively before that. It seems like the hard part for you is going to be figuring out what the mins and maxs are for each different pet, their skills, and the abilities that can be applied to them. Because now pets can use specials also. Personally I still think that it's going to be much easier to do it the way I suggested from a scripting standpoint. Because you can just set an amount for each skill, say 120 is 100% for every skill, because honestly that's a great point. Even if a pet can have a skill go up to 150, that just means it's going to have a great score. Then resists, make 70 resist be the 100% mark for figuring out it's score. And for abilities, and special skills for pets, just set an arbitrary weight for them based on it's usefulness. Like disarm is going to be a great special, but AI would probly be even better. Makes calculating the score a breeze since getting all the info at this point to figure out mins and maxs is going to be near impossible.

I think my way that we discussed will be the quickest and easiest way to create a script with the sheer amount of data and possibilities that are available now. Take a year to collect all the data you need for your way. That was why I was discussing it here with you. The way I discussed with you, I could start scripting that right now, without gathering a bit of data. You can add so much to your pets now, we almost have to come up with a better/easier way of calculating a score that doesn't require a mountain of data collection effort before you can even start to script it.  ;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:18:38 AM by gimlet »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
Thanks Gim.  How far have you trained so far?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
So far I have converted all giant beetles, fire beetles and lesser Hiryu which were 3 slot pets to 1 slot pets (started combat training).

I have converted all Cu and Hiryu which were 4 slot pets to 3 slots (nothing changes except control slots).

I have maxed all the giant beetles and fire beetles to 100/125/500 with wres 100, tactics 100, resist 100, anat 100, focus 100, meditation 100, parry 100 all combat untrained.

I am working on maxing Cu and Hiryu up to there max like the beetle.

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
Have you tried having 120 power scrolls in your pack when you click to train them? I'm pretty sure that allows you to train them to 120 right?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
Can any skill be added during training?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
Have you tried having 120 power scrolls in your pack when you click to train them? I'm pretty sure that allows you to train them to 120 right?

I haven't but i will now!

I started a fresh untrained pet - loaded my backpack with power scrolls and clicked the start training button - and ......

nothing hehehehe

must use them when you go from 1 to 2
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:21:53 AM by gimlet »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »

I am not combat training yet (they all are at level 1) but yes parry and mediation go from 0 to 100 when just training stats

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »

I am not combat training yet (they all are at level 1) but yes parry and mediation go from 0 to 100 when just training stats

Once you apply training, raising them up a slot, you'll need more taming skill to control the pet. So be careful if you don't have the skill.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »
Hope everyone has powerscrolls... These prices are getting ridiculous. Everyone training 10 versions of a cu sidhe doesn't help.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »
Hope everyone has powerscrolls... These prices are getting ridiculous. Everyone training 10 versions of a cu sidhe doesn't help.

When do you use them?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
Are they the same power scrolls as we use on humans?  If so, they holy crap prices are going to get crazy.  Farming them is going to suck also.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
same ones!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »
Anyone actually tame a new colored mare yet without the new stupid totem?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: