Author Topic: New OSI Animal training discussion  (Read 19406 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New OSI Animal training discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »
Goofing around with a unicorn while trying to get the new colored nightmares. 2 Slot pet, Gaining .04 points about per nightmare.... so that's 2500 Nightmares to go from 2 slots to 3 slots... what the hell....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 08:25:35 PM »
Anyone actually tame a new colored mare yet without the new stupid totem?

What totem?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:32 AM »
It's an item in the in game store. You deploy it and it increases the % Chance for rare colors and only lets you tame things from what I read. I refuse to pay money for that sort of pixel crack. This isn't Ftp YET
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »
So, just the basics so far, once you begin pet training you are given a % Finished bar. Monsters give anywhere from Slightly (.02-.05) up to Greatly (.70)% randomly when you take damage or give it.

Summons can be used, and your own pets can be used, but they seem to give the .02 gains. Which would take a long time, but would be scriptable for sure.

Still not sure exactly what determines how much you gain from monsters, but it has to be tied into fame/hp/barding difficulty/something.

I'm still only messing with 2 slot pets.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 02:52:33 AM »
Right now I heard ppl doing the Turtle champ to train their new pet,  the like the gain the receive from it.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 03:51:16 AM »
Go to the new lands (Eldon). Lure a high level monster (dinosaur ) to a village. Everyone  will try to kill it. Tank your pet while they take the damage.

(also) loot the dead bodies for berrys etc!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
It's an item in the in game store. You deploy it and it increases the % Chance for rare colors and only lets you tame things from what I read. I refuse to pay money for that sort of pixel crack. This isn't Ftp YET

Is it available now? I don't see it.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 07:32:03 AM »
Gimlet,
Dont forget to take note,  I will be the first one waiting for your tutorial :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
Gimlet,
Dont forget to take note,  I will be the first one waiting for your tutorial :)

Yes Gim, we will be there massaging that big brain of yours and feeding you grapes.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 07:43:32 AM »
a very very very old big brain!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
I personally can't wait to try out the crimson/platinum drakes. They do 100% elemental damage. I'm planning on making one specific for Lady Mel, Grizzle, etc.

I still haven't decided which skills/magic/moves to go with.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 05:03:17 AM »
Best places for training the new system are:

Shame Level 3 - Unbound EVs & Crazy Mages - UEVs have high wrestling so gains are slower here as pets only gain from successful hits AFAIK
Navrey Night Eyes - Harder to AFK train here as she has an annoying tendency to teleport you and your pet around the area
Pirate Captains - Requires more time and effort to set up - you have to take the Bountyhunter quest and scuttle their ship before you can board and attack them

All of these hit quite hard so you'll need to vet/heal your pet but ideally have a pet that's been trained at least once with tankier stats to take the aggro. All of the above give 'greater' gains, which is 1.25-2.5 points per hit. My record for training a cu from freshly tamed 3 slot to 5 slot is one hour in Shame :)

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 04:49:31 AM »
3-10 rounds at Navery will completely train(the new version) your pet depending on the amount of people there.

So far I have done a Cu and a nightmare but I found I cannot add everything I wanted so I will play around with 1 slots when time permits.

I really need to know if MR on a pet gives diminishing returns like it does players. If not then it would be wise to compare the weight of adding more int or max MR.

Feint is going on my next pet to see how it works.

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »
First pet I am working on is a Cu
You have 2 goes at improving your pet 1500 points per go once you reach 100% training.
First go around do stats and resists. as a special move I chose armour ignore. mana regen 30 and HP regen 20 both maxed
To do quick training I used Night terrors and Naverery. Night Terror is nasty your pet will die.
Nav is not so bad  for a Cu if you use taming mastery lvl3 and select consume damage and heal with bandaids. Also use whisper to help gains.
On the second round I chose to use Mysticism and and used scrolls to get the skill cap to 115. I will use 120's as I farm them.
In current spec I can tank Nav without using bandaids. fighting skills and med and focus are 115 with healing and mysticism coming up slowly.
Will update as I get close to finish. I have notice the Cu does need a large mana pool.
But is much better than a greater in a fight. Questions just post and I will try to answer but still learning.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »

Tags: