Author Topic: Translating Talismans...  (Read 2681 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Translating Talismans...
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
I have often wondered how you interpret a Talisman as being any good or not.  Also, what is the meanings behind the two descriptive lines on the talismans>  For example:

#1 Talisman:
Inscription Exceptional Bonus: 23%
Inscription Bonus: 25%

#2 Talisman:
Inscription Exceptional Bonus: 29%

Which one is better?  What is the difference between exceptional bonus and just bonus.  If I were attempting to make 'Super Slayer' Spell Books, which one would I use?  In fact, what is he secret to making Super Slayer Spellbooks?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Translating Talismans...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:44:53 PM »
Lot lot lot of book to make slayer.   some have talk about having 120 magery/eval and Gm Inscription is better.   

Which talisman is better.   The are just adding the value.  SO I always try to  get my bonus at 100 so I never fail.  As for book, I dont care if my make on it.   

If you talking about weapon or armour and using a runic to reforge, them I have my exceptional to be at 100. 

Anymore question?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
I have often wondered how you interpret a Talisman as being any good or not.  Also, what is the meanings behind the two descriptive lines on the talismans>  For example:

#1 Talisman:
Inscription Exceptional Bonus: 23%
Inscription Bonus: 25%

#2 Talisman:
Inscription Exceptional Bonus: 29%

Which one is better?  What is the difference between exceptional bonus and just bonus.  If I were attempting to make 'Super Slayer' Spell Books, which one would I use?  In fact, what is he secret to making Super Slayer Spellbooks?

The inscription exceptional bonus just improves the chance of exceptional, mainly if you can make spellbooks or runebooks. The inscription bonus improves your chances of not failing. If you are at 100% you are at 100% but if you have a 70% chance of crafting it and then add a 25% bonus, you boost your chances of successfully crafting but I do not know the math on it.

Basically I keep three on hand for the different crafting skills. I use the highest exceptional I have when I want to mark something or am doing exceptional required bods, I use the highest bonus one I have when crafting things with a chance less than 100% but more times than not I am using one that is close to equal. I have 24/25 or 21/23 for many skills and get too lazy to swap out unless I am having issues that is wasting resources. I hope this helps.

Check post #3 on this thread to better explain for slayer books. http://stratics.com/threads/best-tali-for-crafting-super-slayer-spellbooks.286351/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:44:30 PM by Crisis »

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the info Guys...!

I now think I have a working knowledge of how Talismans actually function.   ;D
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Tags: