Author Topic: Champ spawns in 2017  (Read 4644 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Champ spawns in 2017
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
So, in surfing the web, it seems there's a bit of information out there about champ spawns, but nothing very new.  SO:

I'm looking to see what people think about:
1) Their favorite spawn and why?
2) Is it soloable (or multicliented)?
3) Favorite character template and items to use

I know there might be some duplicate threads around, but nothing that really brings them all together.

So let's hear your ideas!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Champ spawns in 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
Since it TM asking. I will have to assume  you want to start hunting on RB.   

Template  are personnel feeling
Sammy (Female: both elf or Human) this is because of Simedar and can wear all type of armor.     
Necro/Mage/Weaver:  Name said it all
Thrower: You can build it like a sammy, advantage is the high damage.  Nice for end boss
Tamer/Necro:  Use pet to kill monster and support with Necro spell.

The list go on. NO matter  what style you choice, you have lot of macro and targeting to do. 

I love my sammy because he can take on alot, and it easy to get a support mage to help you.  You required alot of weapons to use him effectively.   As for skill, but that personnel as well.  We have  Japaneses style or American style.

All the champ can be solo.    Coon is the easiest to do.   I like Riki and Semidar for the drop.  Sash and  Collar.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:59:20 PM by The Ghost »

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »
+1
I have to agree with Ghost with the Riki and Semi. Those spawns have the best chance of better items as drops. (if you can solo the abyssal inferno down in hythloth it  drops the stealth cloak that is probably the highest priced drop from champs).  All champ spawns are soloable with a sampire.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 06:10:56 AM »
Since it TM asking. I will have to assume  you want to start hunting on RB.   

That is sort of my motivation, but I was actually kinda curious from an overall standpoint.  I'm even curious about any of the newer ones on OSI. 

Anyhow, thanks for helping out an RB brother.  ;)

I lean toward Semidar just because I've done that a couple times in a smaller group and it wasn't too overwhelming.

I'm leaning toward a tamer/necro just because of the tanking ability plus the use of wither.  Might try and stick spellweaving in there.  In any way, I need to take an uproot one of my tamers.  I actually might just roll up a whole new character for this.  Everyone else kinda has a purpose.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:27:12 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
You see what my sammy is capable to do.   Not saying that I'm the pro, but I know my way around.   My offer is always on the table, you just haven't ask for help yet. ( still hurt of disappointment)  I learn from a Japaneses dude, so I'm on the crazy side :) but I can slow down a bit.   

you need Sword /tactic  /anatomy/resist/parry/bushido/necro here the skill you need.  After we can talk about value

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
Now, because you can have your slayer on your trinket using a Cameo (on OSI anyways) It's MUCH easier to use weapons from any combat type. You can get very high end weapons, and aren't locked in to any certain skill because the weapons are way better. The best thing to do, is find the PERFECT weapon type for your character, using specials you want to do, and getting a cameo to fit it. Because you don't have to put your slayer on your weapon any longer, you are able to use 12 to 17 mod high high end weapons.  So that opens up a huge variety of weapons types. You're not just locked in to Swordsmanship anymore because you have to imbue your slayer on your sword.  Give a bunch of weapon types a try. There's SO many new combos that have opened up because of the Cameo.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 06:52:48 AM »
I'm training up my necro/tamer now.  I might add spellweaving but not sure.  I'll next begin something what you suggest Ghost.  I think I started someone like that.  Bushido makes it hard without a script though, so I'll need to dust off my bushido control script.  I figure I'll have 2 characters pushing the spawn, and one to mend booboos.

So far the tamer is just Taming/Lore/Med/Necro/SS.

And yes BobO, not OSI but I'll definitely need to look out for more interesting items.  Most of mine are pre-useful.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:54:39 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 01:31:18 PM »
@ Bod: 
I need to do the roof a bit more.    Not sure I follow  you with the 12-17 Mod high end weapon.   Care to explain. Thx

@TM
Littlle help can train a Sammy in 24 hrs :)   use to Hiyrus for parry and Bushido.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 02:28:08 PM »
@TM
Littlle help can train a Sammy in 24 hrs :)   use to Hiyrus for parry and Bushido.

I hate that darn thing... :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 03:00:24 PM »
You can do it the hard way and go hunt monster at your skill range.    You can use pink, or use a Golem  or  Ogre Ogree or old school sparring.   Any one of those work.   Yu can also use skill ball or [set skill 120  :)

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
@ Bob: 
I need to do the roof a bit more.    Not sure I follow  you with the 12-17 Mod high end weapon.   Care to explain. Thx

Sure. Here's an example. It's not a good example, but it's an example. That's a 14 mod weapon. Now imagine that on any weapon you like, with all perfect mods, and a cameo. Sampires never had it so good.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
SIX.jpg

Tags: