Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1275 times)

Offline PillowCTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PillowC has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:08:55 AM »
Hey guys PillowC here!  I've been a long time UO player, but mostly on and off as I would jump around to other games for years at a time.  UO always has a special appeal though, and I find there is always something to come back to!

My favorite thing about UO is that my goals are always something that I decide myself!  It feels comfortable without the urgency that many online games impose to force more online time (I am SO tired of DAILY QUESTS in every new game i play).  In UO, I decide I want to make a new template, or go build a new house... make new decorations... farm new items.  I like that it is all self driven, and has been that way since day 1.

I actually only just returned again this month because of the anniversary arc.  Due to vacation schedule and other rl stuff I had very limited time, and was reallllllly rushing to try to finish things towards the end.  I was running around like mad with my buddy on the 27th and 28th morning trying to finish the obelisk.  I had all parts except 1 red candle for the Summon Perihilion part that just would not drop.  On the morning of the 28th I had exhausted my supply of treasure maps, and went to farm a couple more maps when to my horror I realized the devs had flipped the switch and the maps were no longer spawning obelisks!  In panic mode, I ran around shops to try to find "invasion maps" and managed to buy up 5 of them.  Red candle popped on the very last map (i got out of my chair and made a guts pose lol).  Heart pumping, I rushed to find a pentagram somewhere to place the reagents.  Lay them all out... "Kal Flam Corp Xen" and nothing happens!  Aaaarrrrrrrrrgh NOOOOOOOO!  I sat there for 15 minutes repositioning and resaying the words hoping that it would work, but alas that was the end of my little adventure :)

As I said above, you set your goals and you pursue them.  It was a silly fun adventure in UO even if I missed my target but just a tiny hair.  It turns out I can still ethereal voyage to Mythran as I am writing this intro, so maybe someday I will find an odd Tongue of Flames on a vendor somewhere and be able to turn in  :laugh:  Thanks for reading, and see you guys all around!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:20:54 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

oh - quick question - did ya have the pagan spell book in your pack with the summon spell in it?

Offline PillowCTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PillowC has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:25:07 AM »
Thanks!

Yep, I did.  I think it the questline was just turned off by then, because I heard the town criers all saying "Victory!" by that time.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 06:28:30 AM »
I did one last night and if i get more reagents today I'll try again today and let ya know. I normally play Atlantic and Siege.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 06:30:04 AM »
Awesome introduction, PillowC!  Thanks for the read.  Your reasons for liking UO sort of mirror mine.  Quests, levels and ladders just drive me batty.  Heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:50 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: