Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 175961 times)

Scrripty

Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2010, 10:35:01 AM »
This is why I tell people that are just using 90 tactics for specials to go 10 more to 100.  10 points of worth the little damage boost.  Especially if you have some room on an imbued jewel or something.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »
Just to make sure people know this...

ADDING TACTICS ON ITEMS TO GET SPECIALS DOESN"T WORK.

I see a LOT of imbued jewelry for sale with tactics on it. Guess they found out the hard way.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
Heh...  That's very True Cerv...  BUT  Adding Skill Increase to get to the 300 point cap for purposes of lower The mana cost of special Moves DOES work...   That's one that I wasn't sure about & went out and tested... 

OK Cerv.. you Said:
Tactics Damage Bonus = (120 / 1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25%
Anatomy Damage Bonus = (120 / 2) + 5 = 65%
Lumberjacking Damage Bonus = (100/5)+10  = 30%
Strength Damage Bonus = (125 * 0.3) + 5 = 42.5%
Items Damage Increase = 100%

Total for the "100% or Items" side = 318.75% of base damage

Effects include - Super Slayer Weapons (100%), Specific Slayer Weapons (200%), Enemy of One, Divine Fury, etc....

I have a few questions..   

1) To clearly define what the 300% Cap means...   I think part of the confusion is that people say the cap is 300% but that can mean 2 different things...
 Lets represent your base dmg in your status bar as  X.  Then which of the following is right?

A) 300% Damage cap can mean...  Final Dmg = X + 3.0X

or

B) 300% Damage cap can mean.. Final Dmg = 3.0X

When you say a specific Slayer is 200%  ... Is  That A ("200% In addition To Base") or B ("200% of Base Dmg") ?   IF we continue to Define the PvM damage cap as 300% Then I would Redefine A specific Slayer  as 300% bc you can Still add all the Tac / Anat / DI / Lumber J etc bonues to a specific slayer....

Bleh.. I've not managed to confuse myself lol... hope that is more clear to you than it is to mean atm.. lol

Which is it? A or B ?

2) After that... I agree that Specific Slayer Maxes out the "effect" side of things and I'm pretty sure I also tested Super slayers to be 1/2 as effective Thus 100% (as you said)... but on that same scale where to EEO come in at?   I assume perfection is 100% also correct?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »
Well... actually the 300% cap isn't the top damage.... your stats/skills are added in as well.

100% from items, 200% from "effects", and your stats/skills bonus.

Items are DI items, Effects are Slayers and Spells, Stats is Strength/Skills are Tacs, Anat, LJ.

So you can have 300% from Items and Effects TOTAL with no more then 100 from Items and no more then 200 from Effects.

Now, how the math works, I'm not sure....

Base Damage * (items + stats/skills) * Effects ?
Base Damage * (Items + Effects + Stats/Skills) ?
Base Damage * (Items * some silly thing + day of the month / lines of code * 100) ?

I suppose with enough testing it could be figured out.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
What I was getting at Cerv is if you go 90 and imbue up I don't think you get the 100 damage bonus as it applies to REAL skill.  I'm pretty sure I've read that.  But if you take it to 100 real, then imbue up 20 on a jewel if you have the room, you get 120 damages plus the bonus for 100 real.

Offline lob91

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lob91 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2010, 08:03:07 PM »
just wondering what everyone does to avoid the 50dmg shots from knight errant's? I can usually take any group of them, but sometimes before the feint hits, or inbetween evades, I get smoked with 2-3-4-5-6 50 damage hits from these guys... I can usually survive it because I leech back fast enough, but sometimes I get hit from 145hp to dead with 3 simultaneous shots.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »
Feint is worthless as far as I'm concerned. I've tested it extensively and it doesn't do diddly squat for me. I do way better with a Radiant Scimitar using counter strike. 8)

Maybe your biting off more than you can chew with those Ophidian Knight's?

What kind of template are you running? Do You have Parry?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Reducing the damage output of your opponent by 50% for 6 seconds doesn't help?

Offline lob91

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lob91 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
yah I have parry, I am basically just a sampie.... I need to drop the 70SS for 70 Anat I think, seeing as I am yet to go into wraith and use curse wep. seems like 120 swords, 115 bush, 109 parry just aint cuttin it... pretty sure I am 45 DCI with HLD on my glasses.

I use whirlwind when I am fighting a group, else I use lightning strike. I will look into counter attack, Thank you.

p.s. what type of monsters do u fight with ur sampie?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
I would love nothing better than damage reduction of 50% especially in perpetuity when spamming one feint after another.

I have tested it extensively and I have seen no damage reduction or positive effects whatsoever.

I'm for sure as hell not getting a 50% damage reduction when the special move goes off.  

All I can go by is my personal experience and for me feint provides zero benefit.

If feint works for everyone else...stick with it.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
I find it odd that it's not working for you. I know guys who are solo'ing Rikktor and taking 10-20 point on his equakes where it would normally be 20-40 or more.

What weapon are you using? UBWS?

I *know* it works with a Leafblade of Ease.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »
yah I have parry, I am basically just a sampie.... I need to drop the 70SS for 70 Anat I think, seeing as I am yet to go into wraith and use curse wep. seems like 120 swords, 115 bush, 109 parry just aint cuttin it... pretty sure I am 45 DCI with HLD on my glasses.

I use whirlwind when I am fighting a group, else I use lightning strike. I will look into counter attack, Thank you.

p.s. what type of monsters do u fight with ur sampie?

Lobe I wouldn't drop the SS for the Anatomy...not unless your fighting something that poses little risk to you that you just want a little added damage bonus for. The Anatomy damage bonus is not gonna override the amount of life leech you will receive using SS + Curse Weapon.

From your post above sounds like your not using Curse Weapon and that's your problem. You don't have to be in Wraith form to use Curse Weapon. Don't put 70 skills points into something if your not going to use it. ;) I use Curse Weapon any time I sense danger. Anytime you think you might be in a little danger cast it (Curse Weapon)... it's your Ace in the hole.

As far as wraith form  I hardly ever go in wraith form unless I'm fighting Semindar or Meraktus.

Lately I've been fighting the ML bosses for kicks...Rend, Putrifier and I'm going to try Abscess to see how hard it is. I've hardly ever ventured into the Blighted Grove so it should prove to be a learning experience.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
I've tested using a Daisho. I'm wondering if it's EC Client related or it could be weapon related like your suggesting....

Definately though I'm of the opinion that's it's broken and I don't think I'm alone as someone else posted on Uhall yesterday about having issues with Feint and I followed up asking what client he's using but he never responded.

Rikktor and Rend handed me my head when I was using a Daisho spamming Feint.

I'll test out a leafblade of Ease to see if I have any better results.

Scrripty

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »
I've tested using a Daisho. I'm wondering if it's EC Client related or it could be weapon related like your suggesting....

Definately though I'm of the opinion that's it's broken and I don't think I'm alone as someone else posted on Uhall yesterday about having issues with Feint and I followed up asking what client he's using but he never responded.

Rikktor and Rend handed me my head when I was using a Daisho spamming Feint.

I'll test out a leafblade of Ease to see if I have any better results.

Aren't Daisho's slow as hell?  That could be your problem.  Use a leafblade of ease, and make SURE you're leeching/regening as fast as possible.  And as much as possible.  Mana I mean.  Cause you gotta do feint every 6 seconds.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
I think Daisho is 2.75, same as Radiant.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: