Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 176079 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2011, 10:44:01 AM »
+1
I never did get a chance to work on a gargoyle throwing sampire. Any chance anyone else has and can comment on it's effectiveness? I'm debating between archery and throwing, human or gargoyle.

Main purpose is for champ spawns but also for some peerless.

I was thinking 120 throwing (or archery), anat, tactics, 105 bushido (120 w/ ring), 100 necro, 85 resist, 70 chiv

I've played a ton with a swords sampires but want to try something new.

My thrower is always in Vampire Form so are my Archers for that matter. I run healing instead of Resisting Spells on my template. You can easily solo all of the Felucca Spawns but there is far less key smashing involved on the Thrower.

Throwing>Archery in my opinion.

I never log on my Archer anymore. :-[

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
+1
I now use this (in wraith form) with curse weapon and healing....

Skills:
120 Throwing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
40 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Resisting Spells
70 Chivalry

Stats:
150 HP (150 Str)
182 Stam (150 Dex)
68 Mana (36 Int)

I wreck any Fel spawn as well as do incredibly well in PvP with just healing
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »
+1
Thanks for the replies!

I never did get into whammies. But maybe I'll give one a shot.

In your guys' opinion, would it be worth it to add 70 ninja (instead of resist) to use for mirror images and more importantly to get the special move mana reduction?

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
+1
My next Sampire build, which was recently started will be:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chiv
70 Necro (+30 Jewelry)

Big damage means big leeches.

If I don't like that then a simple change to make it

120 Swords
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
65 Chiv
70 Necro (+30 Jewelry)
55 Parry

A little parry with 120 Bushido means emergency Evasion and a few blocks.

*I was a little surprised how easy it was to make 70/95/70/70/75 armor. The suit is lacking Mana Regen but that's not how the char should be getting back mana anyways. I put 15 Necro and 15 Fire on each piece of jewelry, really made the rest of the suit easy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:18:17 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2011, 08:58:59 AM »
+1
@Cerv: With your first template, I would drop healing to 90 and chiv to 65, then bump necro to 85 that way you only need 15 necro on a jewel and free up more space. There's really not a major difference between 90 and 100 healing and with 65 chiv, that just means you fail enemy of one a few times, whoop di doo!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »
+1
I could do that eventually, thing is that this is a totally new char and 70 Necro is pretty quick to train up. I'll be spending most time getting Swords/Tactics up. New player on new shard so have to work out the details on training.

I'm not really missing anything as is. I *could* have some more LMC, or *could* put some HCI on... but overall it's a quick, down and dirty samp.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »
+1
I'll have to play around with the template but I've been enjoying my thrammy way too much!! I usually run my sampire for the first 2 levels of Semidar(Fire) then when it hits third, log her out downstairs and bring my thrammy in to get the champ up, then double client my discord mage in the northwest corner and (using teleport scrolls) put my thrammy back there too. She drops in a jiffy! Altogether it might take 20-30 mins TOPS to do it from start to finish!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
+1
In your guys' opinion, would it be worth it to add 70 ninja (instead of resist) to use for mirror images and more importantly to get the special move mana reduction?

I'm not sure how useful mirror images are in PvM or PvP for that matter. If I knew I'd tell ya but I haven't tried throwing ninjitsu on a sampire Hyrbid template. For the most part I just use Ninjitsu on my PvM stealthers.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
+1
Decided to go with:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
60 Chiv
70 Necro (+30 Jewelry)
60 Parry

That's much cheaper in scrolls and easier to train up. If I don't like it I'll bump the anat/tactics and lose the parry.

I have 30 parry on a Samp on another shard and I do like the evasion, even though it's only a short duration. It's a great emergency measure to toss in while waiting on a bandage.

*Dropped Chiv to 60, hated to do it but must to get parry up to 60 and make Swords + Bushido + Parry = 300 for the mana reduction in specials.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:28:31 AM by Cerveza »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2011, 05:57:58 AM »
+1
So far I'm really liking this template.

I had a Parry blue scroll so I went to the sheep pens and worked parry up to 100 in 15 minutes. Now I'm working up Swords/Tactics while Parry is dropping, everything else is done.

I don't like failing sacred journey and it takes a few tries to get enemy of one off... but the bright side is that I have enough Evasion that I can get outta trouble in a bind. I'll have to time how much I get but it's around 4-6 seconds which is bandage time. With 60 Parry I notice the blocking, I think it's about 25% which is pretty cool, and the mana reduction for having 300+ is really worth it.

The *only* thing I'd consider changing at this point would be going with 85 healing and 65 chivalry.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »
+1
You know that chivalry is being tweaked soon right?

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-test-center/

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2011, 07:15:22 AM »
+1
Yep, already addressed my views.

I only use chiv for sacred journey, enemy of one and consecrate. Sometimes I toss in a divine fury. If they nerf those to the point on not being useful, then I'll consider changing. But really, how much damage do you need to do LOL.

If they change EoO damage output, as long as it's greater then zero it's still useful right? Same for consecrate - if it's not working against lowest resist then I just won't use it.

*If* I were to replace 60 points, there's several options available. Spellweaving comes to mind, Myst not so much, no really good lower level spells. Magery for recalls, but not a lot of help otherwise.... Spirit Speak would help for leeches, but I'm seldom using anything Necro on this build. Ninjitsu brings up an interesting though... mirror images on a Sampire...

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
+1

*If* I were to replace 60 points, there's several options available. Spellweaving comes to mind, Myst not so much, no really good lower level spells. Magery for recalls, but not a lot of help otherwise.... Spirit Speak would help for leeches, but I'm seldom using anything Necro on this build. Ninjitsu brings up an interesting though... mirror images on a Sampire...

If you chose to nix the 60 chiv, then you could go 120 parry.

You could then have your parry as a full rotating skill: 120 resisting spells, or whatever else you wanted for certain situations (archery for ranged attacks perhaps).

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
+1
True dat, yet another option.

I'm thinking more along the lines of "mana using" abilities with the 60 skill... I seldom am in need of mana on the char. For some reason a sampire with mirror images seems interesting, although it means being dismounted.

Pixies however... hmmm.... All Kill Sampire?

Offline Ender

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ender has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
+1
I now use this (in wraith form) with curse weapon and healing....

Skills:
120 Throwing
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
40 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Resisting Spells
70 Chivalry

Stats:
150 HP (150 Str)
182 Stam (150 Dex)
68 Mana (36 Int)

I wreck any Fel spawn as well as do incredibly well in PvP with just healing

Does this "any Fel spawn" include Lord Oaks? If so...

Hmmm... May have to spend some cash on that berserker breastplate.

Tags: