Author Topic: Question about loging out??  (Read 2443 times)

Offline DeadIssue2Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Question about loging out??
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
Could someone explain to me the different ways to log out of the game in a script.

I will be running multi clients and I do not want to shut down all of them , or shut down EZUO, or shut down all of UO. I just want it to recognize a set of parameters and log that char out of the game when they are reached. So what is the best way to do this.

Thanks

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
Re: Question about loging out??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
Look at TM's public fishing program..in it he has it set to log out at a Inn, but he has it set up to log out if any of 3 criteria (user set) are met
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »
I am really hoping for an explanation as to the options I have when wanting to log out of a single client.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »
I normally log out just by using the paperdoll gump and clicking "logout" if I'm going to be logging back in.  However if you are looking at trying to manage logging back in, then you are looking at a someone complex script since debugging login subs can be troubling.

Sometimes the best explanation is looking at code, so Toptwo's suggestion to look at the fisherman is a good one.  I created criterion that would cause you to log out.  So if you reach a given online time, bank run count, or MIBs fished up, you'll transport to an inn and close the client.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »
I think what I really need to know is what is the difference between using a sub to log out hitting the log out button and using the terminate command? Will terminate close everything down or just the client acct you are using with the script or all scripts and clients running? I do not plan on logging back in with the script just get out so the kindly GMs don't get a shot of talking with me about my biznass.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »
For that, I just use "terminate uo", the command.  That actually kills the client.  Probably is the best solution and easiest for you to do.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
you can looking into this

Tags: