Author Topic: Quirkiness when clicking on search results  (Read 10076 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Quirkiness when clicking on search results
« on: July 28, 2008, 02:48:49 AM »
This one isn't critical or anything, just a bug...

I did a search for a string. It came back with three results. Clicked on result number one and it took me to the appropriate line and highlighted the appropriate text. I modified the text then clicked on the next search result. This brought me to the correct line but it highlighted the text at the beginning of the line rather than the text I was searching for. I modified this text then clicked on the third search result. This time it highlighted text at the end of the line before the correct line (ie, line 554 when the search string was true on line 555).

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if there is anything else I can provide for information or if you have an issue duplicating these results.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Quirkiness when clicking on search results
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:40:26 AM »
Oh yeh, that does make sense.  I have been just doing a "search" again to update the positions.  Each search returns unique location information and when you make an update in the script, it doesn't update the other found searches unless you search again.

Originally I had that live search dialog box a modal box, so you couldn't edit but just do your search function.  But for the short term, just click the search again.  I'll figure out a way to keep everything in sync.   
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »
I'm not going to fix this for the next release.  Franky, I don't think I will fix it at all.  The only real way to fix it it to make the dialog box modal again, and I'm sure most people won't like that.  (modal == forced focus, can't click on other windows).  I figure you can just hit the "search" button again, and that'll refresh things.  Otherwise, I'd have to add a huge amount of code to keep the search box in sync with the script text.  I had to do something like that in order to keep the breakpoints correctly aligned during editing, and that was painful.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:38:48 AM »
That's all I've been doing, scan, make a change to a result, rescan, rinse, repeat. Works just fine.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:42:35 AM »
That's all I've been doing, scan, make a change to a result, rescan, rinse, repeat. Works just fine.

I'll keep it in mind though.  It's one of those polish things that will always bug me.  When I finally get down to the minute issues, perhaps I can code a diddy.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: