Author Topic: Save file as...  (Read 19350 times)

Offline NicarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Save file as...
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 08:40:06 AM »
Do you even need to tease a public release if it isn't the full version? Or are you trying to get a range of testers? Just don't let it be too public where Cheffe gets ticked, pulls EUO, and bows at your superior program, even before the run function works.   

I need to get back into script, just a lot to deal with this past 2 weeks and half this week was on a different schedule at work.. and stupid publish... i need armor sets (Well, just scout) 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Do you even need to tease a public release if it isn't the full version? Or are you trying to get a range of testers? Just don't let it be too public where Cheffe gets ticked, pulls EUO, and bows at your superior program, even before the run function works.   

I need to get back into script, just a lot to deal with this past 2 weeks and half this week was on a different schedule at work.. and stupid publish... i need armor sets (Well, just scout) 

Well, my original intention was to just have a set of build tools and not really an EasyUO replacement.  However since it took a different turn and started heading toward an EUO-alternative, I kinda figure I'd still release it with my original thoughts.  I'm still a long ways away from having a full replacement, so it's a shame to miss out on all that extra testing anyhow.  I'll bump it to Alpha instead of pre-Alpha and let people play with it.

But at this point, I've nearly achieved my original reason for ScriptUO.  Everything else is gravy.

But my feedback to date has been: "Man, since I used SUO, I can hardly develop in EasyUO anymore."  So that alone is enough to let people play with it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:50:36 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »
did some extensive save as testing and it all seems to be working correctly now whoot whoot!!

Why is it when I click on the disk icon it chooses save as?  Usually with most programs that is a save button vise a save as button....just a curiosity more than anything else as I always use that as a "quick save" feature so I don't need to go though the file menu and such to do a quick save.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:53:55 AM »
did some extensive save as testing and it all seems to be working correctly now whoot whoot!!

Why is it when I click on the disk icon it chooses save as?  Usually with most programs that is a save button vise a save as button....just a curiosity more than anything else as I always use that as a "quick save" feature so I don't need to go though the file menu and such to do a quick save.

Great!  I'm just glad you couldn't break this one.  heh

Well I made it "Save as" because sometimes I want to save a version of what I'm working on quickly, but I want to have the option of changing the name.  With save as, you get both functions but it's a bit more work (click click instead of click)  I can add a "quick save" icon perhaps.  Mmmm, more features.. ;)

Now to figure out a way to break it....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 09:09:38 AM »
Yeah a quick save button would be great.  But I definitally see your philosophy there. 

Tags: