Author Topic: Any other console or MAME emulator addicts out there?  (Read 11577 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Any other console or MAME emulator addicts out there?
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:28:39 AM »
Just wondering...

I'm a serious Emulator collector junkie. I've been a dormant since cancelling my crappy Usenet (NNTP) service a few months back but have been aching recently to try to "finish those sets" (if you are a true emulator addict you will know what that means).

:P

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any other console or MAME emulator addicts out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »
Im with you buddy.  i was a huge killer instict fan when i learned about mame i starred searching foe my roms.  killer instict took me a long time to find all of the correct files chd then once i got it working tweaking it to run on my system was another feet.   also living in chicago home of midway games i also got the blessing to play unrealased games at local arcades.  primal rage 2 was one of them  im yet to find a fully working rom.  i can get it to work up to the vs screen then it freezes up.  still many games on my list i would like to find.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:08:17 AM »
Which emulator do you guys use?  I'm a noob at it, so I generally get my fix from MAME.  But I like emulating old computers (gotta be able to run my old TS-2068 programs)...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
LOL YEAH!

I've mostly collected console emulators (atari, nintendo, sega, etc) and MAME but I've also crossed the line with my TRS 80, Commodore 64, VIC 20, and Amiga collections.

I've gone pretty old-school with the consoles though: Bally Astrocade, Colecovision, Atari 2600... literally thousands of ROM's! Then, of course, I have the "new stuff" like Sega Genesis, Nintendo 8-Bit, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, the handhelds like Game Gear and all of the Nintendo Game Boy versions (Standard, Advanced, Color, etc).

A couple years ago I had a complete MAME set including all NeoGeo's, sound files, ROM's, etc. A friend went to Germany and actually purchased a 10-DVD pack which I quickly copied. Anything from then until now hasn't made it to the collection though but all of my favorites are covered - Mr Do!, Joust, even Dragon's Lair woot! Man, I remember when that hit my local Dream Machine arcade!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:15:47 PM »
Man I'd kill to find a place to get the complete ROM repository that will completely "turn on" MAME!!!!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:24:29 PM »
its been a while I should probably look into it again, but there was a project for a Mame Operating system.

Tags: