0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »
hey, i'm a novice scripter.  I've been playing UO since the 2nd age came out.  It's fun to see a script start out as an idea and then make it actually work.  I've been slowly working on a few scripts and each time I learn alittle more.  Thanks in advance for the help!
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »
Welcome, can't wait to see your work :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
Hi and welcome, Slyone!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
I thought it might be good to update my intro a bit. So here it goes...

My best friend introduced me to UO back when the Second Age came out.  We started out on Chesapeake.  Over the years, my friend, my brother and I have shared a few accounts.  I think it was around pub 16 that we all got into a spawning guild.  Spawning is where I have the most fun in the game.  Eventually, my friend and my brother let their accounts go inactive and went to WoW.  I stuck around and still play when I can.

I got into scripting first as a user.  I started using scripts to train up magery on a few characters.  Then I began training up mules on a bunch of shards.  I also got a bunch of BOD runners up and running to farm barbed kits in my attempt to make my first millions.

I took a break from the game in high school and then picked it back up again when I got into college.  I took a two year break in college to go on an LDS mission to Norway.  When I got back I jumped right back into my schooling pursuing a degree in electrical engineering.  I also got my UO account back from my friend and jumped back into UO.  After taking a class in C programming and learning a bit of Matlab in school, I started tinkering with writing my own scripts.

Did I mention that my favorite part of UO is spawning?  At that time, the pen trick was alive and well and I trained up a couple necro peacers.  With multiple accounts at my disposal, I started writing helper scripts to do spawns.  That is where I started to change from just a script user into a script writer.

At some point, I ran into some folks who knew C2 and UOMaddog.  That is when I was introduced to a new world of scripting on WinUO and subsequently here at ScriptUO.  I don't know if I would have lasted this long playing UO without having been introduced to ScriptUO.  This community really is awesome.

School seems to be never ending (graduating with MEng in EE this Spring!).  Between school, work and family, I don't seem to have the time I used to to sit and play UO for hours.  Here at ScriptUO, I don't have the highest post count around but I try to contribute where I can.  I've submitted a few scripts here and have gotten good feedback about them.  Lately, I have been experimenting with Stealth.  I'm most familiar with Python so I have been trying it out with Python.  2014 may be the year where I dive into C# or Pascal.

Thanks for the great community here.  The last few years have been great and I'm looking forward to many more.

-S

Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
It's totally awesome when an established user comes back and makes an update like this.  These are truly the most fun ones to read and give for examples to others.  I'm just glad that people find this community enjoyable and useful.  As long as people still find this site useful, I'll keep it ticking along.  And it's feedback like this that makes it worthwhile.  Thanks for hanging around!

Congratulations on the upcoming EE degree.  You'll find it useful and lucrative!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:40:30 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:03 AM »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:11:23 AM »
Wow almost makes me want to go back and do a rewrite to mine lets see what happens. Thanks for the introduction !!

Offline Ultimafreak77

• Activity:
    0%
  • Ultimafreak77 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Welcome!
The few. The proud. The AFK.