Author Topic: Question to Trailmyx  (Read 7517 times)

Offline cascaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Question to Trailmyx
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Hey bud,

Haven't been on for awhile, I started playing UO again about 2 months ago. Where are you with your ScriptUO program?  Does the scripting language resemble EasyUO?  Does it function with the new SA Client?  No offense to Cheffe I'm sure he's sick and has issues, etc... but I think if you are capable of updating yours I might want to convert which means I'm willing to do some extensive bug testing.   Can you  kind of give me a status update as to where you are with it, how much time you are willing to put into the project, etc...?

Thanks! :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Question to Trailmyx
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
SCriptuo doesnot run scripts at present.  Currently  its an excellent editor/tool for developing EUO scripts.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:27:09 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »
Hey Casca,

Just no time to tackle the whole client interaction thing.  I've tested a few open source methods to do it, but up until now nothing stands up to the EUO client interface and features.  It's moments like this when you truly see how "closed" OpenEUO is because when the main/only developer goes down, you're stuck and are at the mercy of their trials and tribulations.

I'm continuing to keep an eye on the other non-OpenEUO projects that are REAL open source, and when one achieves a level of stability and usefulness, I'll consider plugging it into ScriptUO.  I have lots of the groundwork layed in ScriptUO including a fully functional parser, user interfaces that are exact replications of EUO, etc.  

But next week? Nope.  Next 6 months?  Probably not.  So holding your breath will probably be deadly; I wouldn't recommend it.  :)

Hopefully people will read this; I've got like 10-15 PMs with people asking me this as well as promising me their 2nd born if I was to "share" the fully functional SUO with them.  lol, I wish *I* had the fully functional version.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:36:50 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »
Hey Casca,

Just no time to tackle the whole client interaction thing.  I've tested a few open source methods to do it, but up until now nothing stands up to the EUO client interface and features.  It's moments like this when you truly see how "closed" OpenEUO is because when the main/only developer goes down, you're stuck and are at the mercy of their trials and tribulations.

I'm continuing to keep an eye on the other non-OpenEUO projects that are REAL open source, and when one achieves a level of stability and usefulness, I'll consider plugging it into ScriptUO.  I have lots of the groundwork layed in ScriptUO including a fully functional parser, user interfaces that are exact replications of EUO, etc.  

But next week? Nope.  Next 6 months?  Probably not.  So holding your breath will probably be deadly; I wouldn't recommend it.  :)

Hopefully people will read this; I've got like 10-15 PMs with people asking me this as well as promising me their 2nd born if I was to "share" the fully functional SUO with them.  lol, I wish *I* had the fully functional version.

Yeah I figured there would be word out if you had a "fully functional version".  I just had to ask.  I was aware of the tool, but I read a post you made about it and it felt like you had bigger/better plans for it.  That made me think "Maybe he has something int he works and needs help".

Anyway, it would be great if we could get theball started on something... perhaps we should make a new thread and invite some of the community on this and other sites to brain storm and come up with something.  I think if we put together a real open source project here we could accomplish something.  Cheffe's contributions to scripting are unparrelleed and I'm not shining his ass either, it is just that he's pu tin the time, effort, etc... I just wish he'd get off the source code and stop needing to "protect" / "control" the project that he really has no heart in anymore.  I feel like he's just used to being worshipped and isn't willing to give up the mantel. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:48 PM »
Where would you even Begin learning how to make something Like Easyuo? Honestly, I don't even know where to start.......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »
There was all kinds of places I found cool information about how to do things.  Part came from hints on EasyUO itself about good dissassemblers (IDA Pro) [I kinda like Debuggy for debugging] and then dove into projects that I found around the net like Ultima SDK and uoproxy.  There's also some good information about the client packet stream.  But just start surfing.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »
There was all kinds of places I found cool information about how to do things.  Part came from hints on EasyUO itself about good dissassemblers (IDA Pro) [I kinda like Debuggy for debugging] and then dove into projects that I found around the net like Ultima SDK and uoproxy.  There's also some good information about the client packet stream.  But just start surfing.  :)

Another interesting thought is enlisting the aid (possibly even financial) of whoever runs Searchuo/Finduo.  They rely HEAVILY on EasyUO to do the search tool and without it their site rapidly becomes irrelevant.  They make a lot of gold/money selling things that aren't found or that people just don't have the gold for.  Perhaps they would be interested in getting involved in the project from a financier perspective if we had some folks willing.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 08:41:45 AM »
Hey that's not an absolutely horrible idea either.  But I have NO idea what you guys are talking about... my version of ScriptUO runs scripts just fine... I've been scripting all weekend....

JUST KIDDING.  Sheesh.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 03:52:32 AM »
I don't think this would go very far in the open source world.  Most of these sites have very closely held intellectual property and wouldn't really like funding any open source work.  For them it's a business.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »
Hearing lots Of "WE" .....   but as far as i know "WE" never does anything its always an "I" that makes things happen.

My 2c.

And this "I" although has dabbled and would like to dabble more can never find the time.. so is waiting patiently for one of the 3 to update.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: