Author Topic: Crazy Template Idea  (Read 61727 times)

Offline PyargyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyargy has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Crazy Template Idea
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
+1

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Template Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:48:23 AM »
+1
From Stratics:

Mages - operate on the formula - ((Magery + Poisoning) / 2)

Warriors - operate on a completely different criteria.
It is totally dependent on their poisoning skill and using the special move Infectious Strike. (Tactics is not required for this special move)

- The Poisoning skill will give a (Poisoning Skill)% chance to increase the level of poison delivered by 1.
- The blade must have poison applied to it.
- The power of the poison depends on the type of poison used and your poisoning skill.
With Poisoning skill 0.0 - 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (% chance of level 2)
With Poisoning skill 20.0 - 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (% chance of level 3)
With Poisoning skill 40.0 - 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (% chance of level 4)
With Poisoning skill 60.0 - 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (% chance of level 5)

Example:
- 75 poison skill, deadly poison applied to blade
- You will inflict level 4 poison, but will have a 75% chance that it will bump to Level 5 Poison.

Note: Poison level increases can only be achieved with Infectious Strike
- Tinkerers, with poisoning skill, do not see a level increase when a victim opens a poison trap box.
- Eating poisoned food, does not increase the level of poison applied to it.
- Mages can never cast Level 5 Poison or Poison Fields
Note: The only other way to bump poison a level is by casting Evil Omen and then having the poison be next damage type.

So 80 stealth, 80 poison and 90 tactics are all that is needed in my opinion, for this template. You could add the extra points to meditation or whatever else.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:44:20 AM »
+1
Interesting points, but I already have a mage 115 and poison 100 and when monsters walk through poison feilds they are "Wracked in Extream Pain" which I thought was DP but maybe I am wrong on that.  But when I just cast poison onto the monster this does not always happen.

I already imbued my suit with 12 Mana Regen in hopes that I would need Med. Might have to do some minor tweaking when it closer to being finished but for right now this character did great against the lizardmen. I will have to see when I move up to Ettins and Earth Ele's

Found a poisoning script that does a fish steak and since it was last updated in 2005 I had to go through it and comment out some odd sub routine that was trying to open the characters profile to check for account age in order to determin total skill points.  The sub would break when it was actually opening up the new character abilities section of the Paperdoll.  It's also very I mean very slow but seems to be working somewhat now. Although it does use magery to cure me, for some reason it does not heal me but instead just pauses the script waiting for my health to fully recover. I havn't looked into why that is yet.

I down loaded what I think is the latest version of ScriptUO in hopes it might help me work on my first script.  I was able to determin what code I needed to scan the journal however not entirly sure yet how to start the script (as in HTML you generaly start with <Title> then <Head> and <Body> ECT or how to tell it to play my sound byte when the condition is met from the scanning of the journal.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »
+1
Drop hiding by 10 and go 120 mage.  So you can use -mage weapons if you like, or the -0 mage weapon.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
+1
Always been a bit confused with mage weapons.  Could you explain your comments on why I would want or need to run with a mage weapon if I already have 120 fencing. I do plan on running with an imbued Kryss with Spell Channeling.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
+1
With -mage weapon you could use ANY -mage weapon item and still use it like you were 120 weapon skill...  It uses magery as your weapon skill.  Then you could ALSO use fencing mage weapons and use specials...  Not sure if you can use specials on -mage weapons without the actual weapon skill tho even with tactics... you'd have to test it.

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »
+1
With -mage weapon you could use ANY -mage weapon item and still use it like you were 120 weapon skill...  It uses magery as your weapon skill.  Then you could ALSO use fencing mage weapons and use specials...  Not sure if you can use specials on -mage weapons without the actual weapon skill tho even with tactics... you'd have to test it.

You cannot use specials unless you have 70/90 weapon skill and tactics. I've though about making a template around that with mage weapon but I haven't been able to come up with anything solid yet.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
+1

You cannot use specials unless you have 70/90 weapon skill and tactics. I've though about making a template around that with mage weapon but I haven't been able to come up with anything solid yet.

You CAN use poisoning on a weapon without tactics if I remember correctly...

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »
+1

You CAN use poisoning on a weapon without tactics if I remember correctly...

If you have poison skill, then yes you can. I believe shadow strike may work with stealth but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline bitway

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bitway has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
+1
i suggest you put necro !
with evil omen u can upgrade one level of the poison

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
+1
To play a sound file in a script, just put the .wav file or .mp3 in the same folder as EUO and do

Sound (Name of file).(Type of File)

In a script.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
+1
Even better with poison strike!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
+1
I have an oEUO poisoning script I could send you tomorrow if yours is not working.  (I'm not at home right now)  It uses kegs and a food item.  You just target a container with all your poison kegs and a food item, it will pull the right one based on skill, and put pot into bottle, use poison skill, repeat.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Tags: