Author Topic: Bola Maker  (Read 9922 times)

Offline slyoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Bola Maker
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »
Here is my Bola Maker. It is my first try at making a script with a menu.  I've tested it a bit and it works well for me and a couple guildmates.
Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

Setup is pretty easy:
-Get a resource container with iron ingots and leather.
-Get a tinkerer with at least 60 tinkering.  (I recommend higher and use a tinker tali.)
-Have at least 1 tinker tool in your backpack.
-Start it up.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bola Maker.txt
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Marlboroman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marlboroman has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: Bola Maker
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
Ohh yeah a bola maker I've thought about making one of these many times but never done it cudos to you bud.  I can't wait to give this a shot. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm working on getting better at coding so the time it takes to code it the brute force way seems to be good experience to me.  Finding someone else's sub that does exactly what I want it to is sometimes difficult. 

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
I used this two weeks ago and forgot to post on it. It worked flawlessly, made 30k bolas

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »
Hi Slyone -

Just wanted to check to see if you still intend to support this script moving forward. If so I will add it to the approved script library.

Thanks!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
Yes! Yay for script support.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to the script library
(if you dont think the section is appropriate please pm me)
Thank you for your submission
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
Well I have to say this is once of the smoothest running Scripts I have ran tonight. No hiccups just Bolas

Offline Dan123The123Man

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dan123The123Man has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 05:26:09 PM »
Has anyone been able to get this script to make more then 1k bolas? When I run it now it will hang up anywhere between 300-1k bolas and ill get the message "ok Can't find tinker tools in resource container.  Halting..." ill have several 60k stacks of iron ingots in container with tinker tools as well as having tinker tools in main backpack. It worked years ago without problems but now I will get that message and it messes up. I've also tried Guadahs Bola Maker script (from easyuo) and I cant even get that one to make a hundred bolas before messing up. Which sucks because that one will let you know how many you are making but yeah. Does anyone have a working bola crafting script that will make thousands without messing up (given you have the resources/tools)?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 05:29:48 PM by Dan123The123Man »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »
Dan as you can see, the last person to post on here was in 2017. Many things have changed and people won't respond if they are not using it. A lot has changed since it is a ten year old script. I would start by checking the id of the tools in your backpack and container and compare to the script. Are you playing on prodo or free shards? Have you attempted to make a script? It is a simple crafting script that you are only looking for one thing to be made so I am sure you can modify another script or modify one. Effort of attempting things on your own goes a long way in the scripting community. This is in response to this post and your shoutbox post "Anyone have a bola making script that works? Been PMing around getting no responses, no replies to threads"

Offline Dan123The123Man

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 09:47:26 AM »
The ID of the iron ingots and tools are the same as in the script. This is for OSI paid servers. I have attempted and scripting just doesn't work well with me although ive been around using easyUO for years its just not something I have managed to catch onto. I have been attempting to fix and/or modify guadahs or slyones without any luck, hense the reason I have been reaching out for help.

Offline Dan123The123Man

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 09:48:43 AM »
hell I even went as far to record a video of the script and F7 in easyUO to show where it is messing up at and I cant get help from it from two people of whom I sent the video to. I have put fourth effort and so now I am reaching out for help.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 01:00:17 PM »
My guess (since it makes 300 or more before messing up) is that it is a timing issue. How good is your internet connection? You may need to add some waits in the script.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
I fixed this for him.
The issue was the script was an over achiever and naive. ;)
It was trying to identify the plain color iron ingots. It would do this once at the beginning and even if you had more than 1 pile of regular iron ingots in your resource container, it would save that ID it picked (the last one in the finditem circuit).

It pulled 500 ingots... made some bola balls and bolas, then drop the resources back into the resource container. Now it would seek out the original stack of ingots and only pull from that pile. When we drop stuff into a container, it likely goes to the first one it finds that can hold the stack. If you have a single pile of ingots, it would never be noticed.

The setup here was several piles of ingots in the resource container. So it was prematurely running through the ingots and never going back to check that more were actually in the container. It was a lot of assumptions about how to interact with pulling resources from a container and probably not understanding the impact on a larger scale operation.

It did not do this with the other resources it needed (leather, for instance).

It still has some anomalies where it pulls up to 40 bola balls from the container, then makes some more before combining. Eventually your backpack has lots of bola balls in it built up that it never combines. Also it pulls a tinker tool from the resource box, then crafts a new tinker tool whenever it gets down to 1 tinker tool left. After a few thousand, the half dozen tinker tools I started with were gone and it depleted the ones it had and stopped.

Needless to say this is not for making 60k bolas. It works really well for a reasonable quantity (It made 321 for me as downloaded), but has limitations when it comes to mass production.

Later tonight I can post my changes in a code snippet for future reference.

Gaderian

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bola Maker2.txt
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:09:48 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline emreedwardo

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • emreedwardo has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 10:05:23 AM »
thank you.very good