0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kalden has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
My name is Kalden. I play on the Pandora freeshard. Really looking forward to looking at these scripts and seeing if I can learn a thing or 2 about scripting!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:48:57 AM »
Glad to see you Kalden. Take a minute and look around the introductions. You should see some examples of what we're looking for.

Get that squared away and we'll see about getting rid of that nasty "restricted" under your name so you can get access to our fine collection of scripts.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline KaldenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:56:13 AM »
Guess I should take the time to poke around first eh? Was hoping for a heated discussion in here =] But let's just break it all out and see what anyone else wants to ask!

I played a lot on OSI. From Beta up until after ML. I played quite a lot on my thief on the Baja shard. Still to this day love a good robbery or two. I used to be a counselor on OSI, back when they took volunteers. Fun times that was! But where there's good, there's a bit of bad as well. OSI took away the counselors, and I went back to my thieving. Played other characters off and on. But never as much fun as my thief. Then one day while digging around on Youtube, I came across this lovely thief with a killer script and thought "Hey! I want to write something like that!". After that, I did a little research, found EasyUO, and then found this humble site right here. I figure that browsing around would most assuredly help me to understand the scripting process, and in turn, write my own =]

With that said and done, Let the conversations begin!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »
And with that, *BAMF* restriction removed. Enjoy the site.

And we know the video your talking about and the script ;) though I don't think you'll find it available here.... it's a private script. But don't let that stop you from learning how to make your own :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline KaldenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »
Haha I don't want to take his work. I want to learn and understand the scripting process and create my own!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Haha I don't want to take his work. I want to learn and understand the scripting process and create my own!

Thats the attitude we like to hear here.  Let the learning begin.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
Welcome to SUO. If you want to learn scripting you came to the right place...a LOT of GREAT scripters here, and Cerveza has taken the time to put together some great tutorials..so take the time to look em over!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
I used to be a counselor on OSI, back when they took volunteers. Fun times that was! But where there's good, there's a bit of bad as well. OSI took away the counselors, and I went back to my thieving.

Same here.  I enjoyed my time as a counselor, but it was hard to hear some of the sad stories that players have about in-game and out-of-game issues.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »
Yeah - the tutorials are sweet here.  they will advance the learning curve

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
Welcome to SUO!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 02:20:56 AM »
Hello.   Freeshard player.    We have to talk sometime.   

Tags: