Author Topic: New to SUO.  (Read 2907 times)

Offline zorkyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zorky has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New to SUO.
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
Hello everyone. I am a new face here and been playing UO for about 3 years. I actually played Ultima way back when it was on NES. It was the first one I believe to where if you did not eat or feed your party you actually died. LOL. I am getting into making some scripts for UO. I still need to learn alot more but and very eager to learn. I only use scripts for skill gain or resource farming. I think if you need a script to pvp with then you may as well not even pvp. Thats my opinion not taking anything away from the people who make scripts for pvp. I have a friend that referred me to this site and he has been a member here for a while now. I do have a simple healing trainer script I would like to post to where it pops a trapped chest and waits until you are full health and pops again. It was my first script I actually made and worked without any help. I look forward to learning from the masters here and hopefully can contribute back to the people.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New to SUO.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
Hi Zorky and Welcome to SUO!

Where are you playing these days? On a freeshard or a production shard?

And your username brought back memories..Do you remember that game Zork? Every play it?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
Hello Ultima! I play only prod shards. I maily play on Atlantic but am working on making a usable character on every shard. I have tried the free shards once before but that wasn't my cup of tea. And nope never heard of a game called Zork.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »
Ahh..your a youngin' then. We got alot of old geezers here!

It's fun playin' on multiple shards as I have found each shard has it's own unique feel to it.

Also I think the vast majority of us here agree that scripting has no place in PvP. Most people that really love PvP want to play on a level playing field. At least that's the way it was when I PvP'd....a long long time ago.

Glad to hear you were referred by a friend. Word of mouth is when you know your onto a good thing.

I'm sure someone will be around to give you the official handshake.

Hope you enjoy the site and all the community has to offer! 8)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Ultima. As for being young ....well :) I am 34. Not really sure if it is young or not. I feel old as dirt..LOL.. More info on me is I work for a major communications company as a lineman. I also have built a few websites in the past but its been a couple of years. I would have played UO many years ago and I remember this quite well. I got a new pc back in 1999. It was from Gateway and was a Pentium 4 1.6 gig pc with a 17" CRT monitor. Thought this PC was the best thing in the world. Which was upgrading from a Penium 3 550mhz pc. I was looking for a new pc game. I go to our local Kmart and see what kinds of new games I can try out and had to make a decison with Ultima Online The Second Age (I think thats what it was called) or a FPS game called Delta Force 2. I chose Delta Force 2 and lead a squad in that series of games for almost 7 years. I then ran accross UO 9th anniversary edition at Circuit City back in 2006 and thought I would try it out since I like the Final Fanstasy series. I was hooked! My first character in the game was a blacksmith/swords. Figured why not huh? Got to make my weapons somehow right? I spent countless hours running from the monsters back into New Haven screaming like a little girl for help with the horde minions that was going to kill me for sure. So now 3 years and counting I still like the game just as much as I did the first day. Things are much easier now but I like to help out anyone I see that is new.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
Wow nice intro and expansion. Glad to have you on board. I remember my first toon I made a miner then later a swordsman and went to kill orcs in the alpha - beta phases. Man it took like 5 of us to kill a dang orc and then we all fought over the skull helmet cause it looked so kewl. Then we all put on his armor and we thought we where bad ass then. Now days if you breath hard on an orc he will take a face plant. The good ol days.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »
they change the game for lil ole ladies to play :P

Welcome.   I'm always impressed with those who write the scripts.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 01:53:05 AM »
Welcome, nice intro also.  Lately I have started making characters on other shards but I grow bored of the mind numbing grind of creating a new character and wonder into fel to look for trouble. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: