Author Topic: Hail and well met  (Read 2616 times)

Offline GargoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Gargo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and well met
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
Hey there,

I've been playing uo for around ten years now, and watching it for longer (If only I had money when I was 13 years old!).
Ultima online was my very first obsession in the world of video games, though it was actually the original game series that got me into Ultima in the first place. I still haven't beat a single one of those games, but I love the series on the whole enough that I've collected them all and one day plan to.

I First started on Napa Valley as a Full time PVPer, but have since spent most of my uo tenure on Atlantic as an RP-PvPer. I have always enjoyed pvp and I always will - but it was an amazing revelation to discover that I could battle for a purpose greater than loot and bragging rights. Whats more is that not only could I battle with a purpose, but I could create any role with any purpose that I wanted. I've found it a rewarding experience for many years now...and I've done quite a bit...but again we can only devote so much of our nonlives to uo ;).

Now as to why I am here today, well there are several factors.  Firstly I must confess that the original motivation does have something to do with the fact that the easyuo site was down, but please trust that it is not my intent to simply take advantage of your work! You see, for as long as I've played uo and as familiar as I am with working with scripts - I've never sat down and actually tried to write one.  As to whether I could write a script of my own I'd like to think so...but I'm not quite there yet.  What I have done over the years with much joy is use scripts and try to fix them when something is wrong. It is my hope that perhaps I can continue this hobby here and make something more of it with the help of many tallented individuals. Now that the easyuo site is down...It seems like an opportune time to give it a shot.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and well met
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »
Welcome to the site and thanks for the intro. Restricted status lifted.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline GargoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Gargo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
Thank you much!

It is good to be here

jesterboo

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
Welcome Gargo

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
hi Gargo. RP PvPer.   Neat.   Does that type of play have room for an old lady that forgets her macros? LOL 

All kidding aside, Hi.    I can't pvp my way out of a paperbag anymore.   I still
admire those with skills though.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
Great intro!  Welcome to the site and hope to see you taking part on the boards.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
Well welcome to the site. We are always glad to help someone along there patch to learning to script and it is one of our passiones so get started and ask away on the way.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 01:42:58 AM »
Welcome to the site.  As Twinkle McNugget, a fellow scriptor, would say, if you can mod a script you are fully capable of writing a script.  haha.  Hope to see you on the boards sometime. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: