Author Topic: New T-Map Results  (Read 15640 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
New T-Map Results
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »
For those of us who are interested in statistics, I start this thread.

First Ingenious Map (Trammel)
1 x AW
2 x Balron
2 x Titan
1 x Blood

Took about 5 minutes to clear.  Thank goodness there were two ballys to provoke on the AW at once...

Took about 6 attempts to lockpick.  At one point, I got a message "You hear hissing and gas leaks out of the chest."  Or something along those lines, anyway...  I had already eaten a petal when I was doing the bard dance, so I'm not sure if the gas affected me in any way.

Notable Chest Loot:
1 x Skele Key
1 x Pardon
1 x Alacrity (Parry)
1 x Tasty Treat (Are these always going to be the low level ones?  Silly if so)
1 x Level 6 Map
6 x Essence of Achievement.  I feel as though I achieved something, so that's apropos =D

That's sort of funny.  If I get a Level 6 inside every Level 6, it's going to be quite profitable.

Had my stealth tamer standing by in case we needed a little dragon fire, but not required.  Also, there was an interesting loot spawn critter: "A grubber".  200 Magery and 200 Resist, 200 Hp, 1000 Dex, 2000 Int, non-tameable.  Which is a pity, because that sucker would be fun.

Oh - 36K coin, including spawn loot.  I blew up the chest after I reviewed the rest of the crap with Miffy's Item finder.  Next best thing to UOSA's grid view.

If chests are this easy to pick, I don't think the skele keys will be worth a darn thing.

72 (whoops, 73!) more to go.

:)

EDIT: Template
Music
Peace
Provoke
Med
Magery
Picking
Carto

Suit: Sorceror's Suit with +disco jewels and a boom stick for MR
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:11:27 PM by NObama »

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New T-Map Results
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »
Wow, very nice loot!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
And lost it all because some jackass lured monsters to Luna while I was afk.  That's a griefing tool that needs patching.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
Map #2:

1 Tasty Treat
6 Essence of Achieve
1 Level 6 T-Map

There was also something called "A Pile of Dust", which eventually disappeared before I grabbed it.  Not sure if that came from casting TK on the chest or what...

I'm using UOSA to find the spot, 2D to dig it up. 

Still 73 to go...

=P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:59:39 PM by NObama »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:32:41 PM »
did you fail a lock picking attempt?  if you fail or break a lock pick, there is a chance an item will break.. that sounds like what happened.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:44:28 PM »
Map #2:

1 Tasty Treat
6 Essence of Achieve
1 Level 6 T-Map

There was also something called "A Pile of Dust", which eventually disappeared before I grabbed it.  Not sure if that came from casting TK on the chest or what...

I'm using UOSA to find the spot, 2D to dig it up. 

Still 73 to go...

=P

The pile of dust comes from existing items.  There is a chance to destroy items in the treasure chest if you fail to pick it.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »
ya what he said :P

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Well, of the (10) level 6 maps I've attempted, the (4) I did in the Yew immediate area (3 northern Yew, 1 just east of heartwood) did not work, and (1) map was in the middle of the ocean obv was a no go.

The (5) malas maps worked without a hitch. I only got 1 phasing talisman, 1 pardon, 3 alacritys, 1 tasty of the (5) completed maps, plus 6 random essences each map.

These were all new maps I got from Miasma yesterday.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
It just blows my freaking mind that this is the kind of shitty programming and planning that goes into a full production update of this game.

Why we all pay the money we do for such crap is beyond me nevertheless I'm the last person in the account cancel line.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
Wow.  Ocean?  I guess I've been lucky.

Here's a quick thought, please tell me where my logic fails:

- Level 6 maps only came from level 5 paragon critters and the odd ML critter
- Previously, all of those maps had to be in tram or fel Brit, BUT
- Now, all of those maps will be either Malas or Ilsh

Is the only way to get a Brit facet Level 6 map now removed from game, or do paragons still drop Brit facet maps?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
Good question and will the existing brit tram and fel maps be erased and redone or will they end up being rares?

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
6 lvl 6 tmaps done, now I have stopped. All were previously decoded. I posted on stratics about this
- avg 50K gold per chest (I milk the chest).
- 36 random-ish essence. ALL chests were doubles in an existing spot. Each pair produced the same essence.
- Failed LP on 3 chests, got the new monster grubber dewd. He does steal from chest, so you have to kill him to get it back. Each time it was only a ring though.
- Once got the dust, after two fails in a row.
- Hissing gas is either destroying item or releasing grubber. No damage to toon results.
- the loot bites. HARD. 72 items on average from a lvl 6 chests will yield 190 residue and 23 essence. I have found only a couple pieces with higher than 75% intensity.
- The 6 property jewels BITE. It appears there is a scaled chance at intensity for ALL properties. As usual, there is a very low chance for anything over 50%. Out of 6 items with properties, NONE were over 40%.
- 3 tasty treats, 2 mana phasing orbs, 2 alacrity scrolls (one taming!). One vine.

- Most of the new items BITE. only 50 uses? get real. How long does it take to cast 50 spells? They will be almost as widely used (in most instances) as firehorns. The additional properties are too low of intenstity, and too random, to use on a suit. Sash of warding will see a lot of use, that is it.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
Wow.  Ocean?  I guess I've been lucky.

Here's a quick thought, please tell me where my logic fails:

- Level 6 maps only came from level 5 paragon critters and the odd ML critter
- Previously, all of those maps had to be in tram or fel Brit, BUT
- Now, all of those maps will be either Malas or Ilsh

Is the only way to get a Brit facet Level 6 map now removed from game, or do paragons still drop Brit facet maps?

I've gotten my 17 maps off of Miasma, and I'm still getting Trammel maps. Unfortunately, none of my Trammel maps have worked yet.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Booyah - that's the problem.  I *guarantee* that those maps are borked because it's generating Malas locations on a Brit Trammel Map set.  Some dev cut and pasted too much code without modifying it appropriately.  

Test it:  Pull up the general location of the Ocean pin and estimate where it is in on the Malas map.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
Nobama, have you posted that on stratics? That is a good guess.

Tags: