Author Topic: Coming back after years of absence  (Read 2549 times)

Offline maximusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maximus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Coming back after years of absence
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
Hail fellow UO Comrades

I am just rediscovering UO after more than 6 years of absence... As a hardcore Gamer I started off in 1998 and left for the first time in 2001 for Dark Age of Camelot... Came back in 2003 but as my twins where born then I quit... just playing GuildWars accasionally. now again I have more time, rediscovered UO... AND I AM TRUELY LOVING it  :o

My main shard is Drachenfels... being a Swiss-American living in beautiful Zurich. My chars are pretty outdated... Bards where Uber... now they seem to be extinct. Tamers with GD still sem to work fine... and the world rediscovered the good old swords and macers. All this "new stuff" from chivalry to imbueing is someting waiting to be rediscovered... and eventually I will also be joining the fishing and sailing teams at High Seas. UO community is now driven by seniors and veteran players, very few nOObs... at least over here. Money is not the issue as my vault still bears enough... but there are so few players that markets do not provide sources of income and purchase; but as all palyers have enough the cooperation and support in this game has truely become OVERWHELMING !!! ... at least referring to DF. What is a blast are all the new areas to discover, skills to develop and the PVP still is the highlight (that is what I am made for ;).  All in all GREAT playtime guaranteed for players like me.

Back on the EasyUO times I did some basic scripting and will eventually do this over here... however I would ike to gain access to start optimizing templates and.. the looter is greatly appreciated.. with all the different characteristicas items now have it takes years to identify and sort out items. Also I am wrking on an imbueing mule (has already reached 105.2 after some days -> which indicates how much I devote to it ;=). I have kept 3 different accounts as I had 2 mules and some 3 different PvP templates for all ocasions to complement existing teams. then there was the evident Provobard, the tamers (one for taming and the other for fighting), mages, warrior, archer,.... I seem to also need some skill trainers... I am now too old for constant clicking ;)

Having said all this I would like access to this commmunity and will evidently also be offering my share of input to this site. Flipping through my old scripts I realized they where all prior to LRC and FC... meaning they are nice and dandy... but a "little" outdated.

Take care & thanks
Maximus

Post Merge: October 27, 2010, 04:15:59 PM
p.s. meeting players I last met 6 years ago was the highlight of today. Even my old guild still exists ! 

Like a guildy told me today: life goes on and so many things come and go... except UO, where online partnership becomes friendship... However all of my fellow students and drinkers and partyhoppers from the old UO times are now bankers, teachers and housewives ;=)
  --> but they all still kick ass at PvP ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:15:59 PM by maximus »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Coming back after years of absence
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
Wow, great intro!  Thank you for taking the time.  Welcome
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
outstanding!  thx for making the effort and welcome to the community

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
Very glad to have you come back and to join our community!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the great intro...please have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline maximusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maximus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for the nice feedback   :)

--> I always believe in that if you want to become part of a team th first thing to do is to invest your time giving something from yourself... even if it is just a little time and dedication.

... and I agree to some of the posters in this site... scripting takes time and efforts. One does it first for himself, but then also investing into making it public... and constantly optimizing it --> it becomes a duty for itself. That is Ok and fine... but as all scripters I found it frustrating if many went and used my script without at least saying "THX" or... "the script sucks"  8)    Then u end up saying... why the hell bother.
--> so be prepared for my feedbacks ;)

Maximus

Tags: