Author Topic: XIII_Black_Cats was killed by a goat!!  (Read 3228 times)

Offline XIII_Black_CatsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • XIII_Black_Cats has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
XIII_Black_Cats was killed by a goat!!
« on: October 30, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
Introduction!? Where to start...after smashing my umpteenth controller after being spawn trapped in MW2(CoD) I thought I'd search for an alternative. Something more laid back and in line w/ my demeanor. Getting a little older, my reflexes starting to slip, and the legion of trash talking racist spastic 12 yr olds on xbox live weren't helping my supply of controllers. Stumbled onto UO for a bit of nostalgia, and was hooked immediately after the free trial. To my surprise my old account was still there waiting for me.

Considering the last time I logged on was sometime around 2000, I was slightly over whelmed by all the changes. The days of throwing on bone armor and smacking ppl w/ a hally are LONG gone. My first questions logging in that first day; 'Why am I in a swamp surrounded by giant puking blobs!?' 'No more tank mages?', Where can I find some chain/plate vendors?', 'WTF is imbue weight!', 'DCI, HCI, SC, MR, LD, MD, FC/FCR...&@#$*^!'(that's not really a question). My bank thief took a long walk of a short cliff after discovering insurance, my mage got routinely ruined by myst healing and necro...and dexers, and bards, and just between you and me - a miner (my first experience w/ a g/d in a pet ball ;D). Opening my bank box was similar to peering into a time capsule. All my vanqs were now antiques, all my armor was useless.
Nothing quite like sitting at the bottom looking up.

The lack of risk/reward on the main shards seems flawed, but UO seems to have evolved into an items/arties based system. Hours of work lost in a few seconds would be bad for business, so I can see the validity of insurance. Still adjusting my mindset to the new system.

Absorbing all the new information, new skills, new equipment, maps, etc. has been challenging but still entertaining to play through, but PvM isn't quit the same as playing against another player (PvP). Been a few weeks and I've climbed that giant hill called 'The Middle'. Despite my relatively constant fails/dying/'too many buttons!' problem, I still like the sense of achievement from conquering the next thing on a list of things to do that just gets longer and longer. My greatest successes have come from some of my greatest failures, so at least I know what doesn't work...

Great Site! Hope to contribute more in the future.

Who names their player 'a goat'!!?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: XIII_Black_Cats was killed by a goat!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
Excellent Intro! Your restriced status is lifted and you are free to move around and enjoy the site. Thanks for taking the time to post up a very nice intro.!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
welcome and if its not to late already you might have some valuable rares in those bank vaults... i rember after i returned from a couple years off i cleaned my bank vault of junk to the bank floor, it wasnt for days and weeks later that i figured out why people where picking up my junk...    I mean how would i know about backward bandages and double exceptional bits and bods and other such nonsense/err stuff.

:)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »
I must have stored the good stuff in a house, explains why I logged in the middle of a swamp surrounded by those giant blobs w/ a mouth. Couldn't get any of my T2A/dungeon runes to work, guess I missed that patch.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »
fel t2a and dungeon runes no longer work. Those areas cannot be recalled into.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:58 AM »
Welcome to SUO!  Just reading your intro brought nack memories of what it was like for me to "start over".  A friend of mine just came back to UO after being gone for the last 4 years and he experienced the same thing.  I bet you are are now surprised with the changes in the Ships and Fishing. That's a whole new 'Ball Game"!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »
The pendulum is swinging back to good intros, so for that I'm grateful!  Thanks for taking the time to pen that for us.

I thought I'd like the artifact/intensity system, but really I've found that UO has turned into a system of suit-tweaking and has lost alot of what it once was.  Still, I like all the variety you get from the new system, so I still wouldn't change what we've got currently.  I've played a T2A freeshard a while back, and frankly I was bored.  You can only run around for so long res-killing the last man standing with a butter knife before that gets a bit tedious.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »
Great intro! Let me know what shard you play on and if I'm setup there I can help you get started with an LRC suit or something.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:57:27 PM »
Atlantic, which still seems to have a good amount of ppl. On the opposite spectrum I've been trying to make a go at Siege. Think I saw Mad Max fighting Master Blaster...no that was just two mongbats  :(. Siege seems to have entered the post apocalypse population wise...minus the marauding tribal bikers.

Tags: