Author Topic: An Introduction from an Oldschool Newbie  (Read 2315 times)

Offline jdleeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jdlee has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
An Introduction from an Oldschool Newbie
« on: November 03, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Hello ScriptUO Community,

Like most people making an introduction here, I've been a longtime on-and-off UO player. It all began on Christmas morning of 1997, and my first character started at Empath Abbey.  My first combat experience occurred immediately after beginning the game -- I was killed by a chicken. I had a few characters on a lot of shards, but eventually settled on Chesapeake with my friends. Before trammel, UO life was fantastic. We had prime housing spots at the very front of the brit x-roads, and there was always a lot of interesting foot traffic. With the abomination that was UO:Renaissance, trammel killed all traffic outside of brit bank in Felucca, and UO became very boring to me from that point on.  I quit OSI in 2001, and stayed away from UO for a few years. After that, I've played on IPY on a very casual level, and I've recently been playing on UOGamers:Hybrid a little more seriously.

My reasons for wanting to try out ScriptUO scripts w/ EasyUO are simple. First, I'd like to try any interesting scripts that catch my eye. Secondly, I've been programming in C(++), shell scripting, and various other languages for a while. I've never really tried EasyUO scripting before, so I'd like a good base of example scripts to play around with, so I can learn quickly.

On a more personal note: I'm also the type of person that likes to listen to relaxing music while playing UO.  It's a good balance to the craziness usually happening on-screen.  I've been a Radiohead fan for years, and I like to mix it up with other downtempo tunes (Bonobo, etc.).  If anyone with similar musical tastes has any recommendations, let me know!

I hope this is a satisfactory introduction, and if I ever become useful at EasyUO scripting, I'll attempt to provide some scripting contributions back to the website.

Happy UOing,
JDLEE
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:03:57 AM by jdlee »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: An Introduction from an Oldschool Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:32:27 PM »
Thank you for a very nice intro, and welcome to SUO! Your restriced status is lifted, so please feel free to have a look around :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline jdleeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jdlee has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:36:47 PM »
Thank you very much!!

I look forward to trying out the scripts on the site.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:53 PM »
Abig welcome - glad to have you on board.

Tags: introduction