Author Topic: Thinking IDOC's are my new UO love!!  (Read 18554 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Thinking IDOC's are my new UO love!!
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »
+1
After the past 2 days, I'm feeling that a name change to "Obi MeWon UObi" could be in order..  :D

I have never in all my years of playing been one that is into IDOCS. I've stumbled upon a few here and there with minimal results. Other than when the house directly in front of an old keep that I had fell, that was nice.  Always seemed like too much work, and a challenge to track the houses you find.  Let alone making sure that you are free around the time that a house is to fall, and competing with the others that are there.

Yet I think I have found my new UO love..   And since this is the bragging section, I really wanted to stick my chest out a little!

Yesterday a friend showed me a tower that was about to fall, and since I didn't have anything else to do I decided to hang out and wait for it to fall.  Not a bad find, and only a few people there. Scored a box of doom arties including a couple AOF's and an Orny, a few tokens for various things, and 90 lvl 6 tmaps.  I thought that was my one lucky IDOC of the year....

So last night/this morning, bored out of my mind, I decide to walk around using TM's IDOC finder just for the heck of it (Thank you by the way for that little tool TM).  After about 45 minutes of wandering around Tram and then Malas, the script dings at me and tells me that it found something.  Go me!! Another house that will be falling shortly after server up.  Mark a rune, make some breakfast, coffee, and I sit there and stare at the screen while reading posts here for about an hour. 

House finally falls! Again, myself and two other people there for the drop.  I start looting, grabbing the entire box I see that has arties in it. Same with the chest that I see a token it...powerscroll box, etc.  Come across a series of bags with thousands and thousands of neon tub dyed bolts of cloth...Sure do love my bag of sending!! 

Final tally: 

2 Scout's Suits - 2 Knight's Suits - 2 Sorcerer's Suits - 5 full soulstone tokens - 4 Japan Promo tokens - 3 Xfer Tokens -2 Bleue luck sets - 3 virtue tiles - Inquis - 25 various doom arties (HoM, Orny, AoF, Collar) - 18 120 PS's including Magery - Couple nice statues -And on, and on, and on, and on..   Did I mention that I got thousands of bolts of neon cloth??  ;D

I sure wish that I would have grabbed the dye tubs that were there, but wasn't thinking.  Too caught up in the excitement of looting through someone elses stuff! 

Figure I made a good 300 million gold pull off this one house.  I know it's probably not common, but extremely fun and looking to do even more IDOC's soon! 

Okay...I'll quit sticking my chest out now. :)

Offline brcich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • brcich has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking IDOC's are my new UO love!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:15:20 PM »
+1
After the past 2 days, I'm feeling that a name change to "Obi MeWon UObi" could be in order..  :D
Okay...I'll quit sticking my chest out now. :)
How you know the exactly time will fall? In the server I am playing I have runed 2 houses, are slightly worn, the server goes off at 8am all days, but I dont know the exactly time of colapse. I haved a script that tells me the exactly hour, but I loose it, I have to found again, :)
Regards

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:47 PM »
+1
From what I've been told, and read on the various pages out there.  IDOC's now fall almost exactly 7 hours and 15 minutes from the time they change to IDOC (+ server down time).  This usually means between 8-10am on my shard. 

I have taken a look at TM's monitor script, and plan to use it for the next house that I find.   With that, I think I will virtually be able to know almost to the minute when a house will fall.

Looking forward to that!!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »
+1
 Nice haul!  I have had some idocs that gave me around a half bill worth of goodies.  Sure makes up for all the times a house fell that had nothing in it eh?

Offline north

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • north has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
+1
my last 2 idocs was a castle where i placed and a luna house where i got a bag with 1687 checks of 1 mil each so i think i am good on the gold front for abit.  ;D

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:57:24 PM »
+1
Nice haul!  I have had some idocs that gave me around a half bill worth of goodies.  Sure makes up for all the times a house fell that had nothing in it eh?

Considering that these are the first two idocs that I've ever went out of my way to attend, I think I'm WAY ahead of the game at this point.  I'm sure as I get more into them, I'll experience the annoyances of waiting for days on a house just to find some decorative plants in it.  ;D

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
+1
Thanlks for inviting me to the ICOC!   AND we play on the same shard!  :(  No really, Congratulations on finding a needle in a haystack.   I always say that IDOCs are like opening Christmas presents and not knowing what you are going to find.  Sometimes you get a tie, or a stupid piece of clothing and then other times you get that cool toy, like a new GPS System for your Car or that Wide Screen TV that is hidden somewhere else in the house, wrapped in that small little presnt with just the picture inside!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:02:31 PM »
+1
Thanlks for inviting me to the ICOC!   AND we play on the same shard!  :(  No really, Congratulations on finding a needle in a haystack.   I always say that IDOCs are like opening Christmas presents and not knowing what you are going to find.  Sometimes you get a tie, or a stupid piece of clothing and then other times you get that cool toy, like a new GPS System for your Car or that Wide Screen TV that is hidden somewhere else in the house, wrapped in that small little presnt with just the picture inside!

:P  If I recall, someone decided to hit the sack early last night??  I didn't find the place until about 5:30am my time.  It really was just an insane bit of luck that I wandered onto it.  Still kinda beaming about it.

Offline brcich

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:42 AM »
+1
From what I've been told, and read on the various pages out there.  IDOC's now fall almost exactly 7 hours and 15 minutes from the time they change to IDOC (+ server down time).  This usually means between 8-10am on my shard. 
I just check my server and found 50 houses slighty and fairly worn, and onle three ff them Graetly worns, the serves goes here at 8am, for the thing you say me near 15PM the hosue will colapse??
Regards

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:42 AM »
+1
I just check my server and found 50 houses slighty and fairly worn, and onle three ff them Graetly worns, the serves goes here at 8am, for the thing you say me near 15PM the hosue will colapse??
Regards

My understanding is that you have to know the exact time that it changes from Greatly to IDOC in order to calculate the exact time the house will fall.  I'm still learning all this stuff myself. :)

Offline brcich

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 03:10:42 AM »
+1
Regards

My understanding is that you have to know the exact time that it changes from Greatly to IDOC in order to calculate the exact time the house will fall.  I'm still learning all this stuff myself. :)
;D ;D Is very hard to know that, you have to be very lucky to check your screen and just in that moment change to IDOC!! Or you dont have to sleep ant hour!!  ;D ;D

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »
+1
Late response, but this is a scripting site.. you don't have to know the time. Look on easyuo for an idoc time recorder under housing tools, there's one that just renames a rune the time it goes to IDOC.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »
+1
My logging to file system works a bit better than that.  Suppose you loose connection at some point, and then come back to find the house IDOC.  If you haven't been logging to a file every, say 5 minutes, you'll won't be able to triangulate the IDOC time from loss of connection.  I'm just say'in...  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
+1
Interesting. I'll check it out.

More important now, as the idoc timing seems to be less regular, at least on Atlantic, than it was say a year ago.. Everything used to fall between 11-1 Central.. now it's anywhere from 10-330 in the afternoon. Guess they coded in some randomization?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 08:08:12 AM »
+1
From my observations, it seems that the houses that would normally go IDOC due to account closure or lack of payment still fall between those times because the process starts when the billing system processes.

The houses that are/did fall due to the bannings back in September are the ones that are falling later in the day from what I've seen.

Tags: