Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 328952 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »
+1
How laggy is your internet connection?

I just fired up 1.16 to test for you and I'm having no issues.

Are you using Razor/UOA?  Tell me a little about your setup.  OS, screen resolution, EUO version, UO version, etc.  There has to be an issue on your end regarding some setup item.

Also are you using a multipatcher to remove sparkle?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »
+1
my broadband connections is fine, im running windows xp sp2, using easyuo 1.5 vers 142 and im on UO Mondains legacy latest patch. im not using UOAssist or razon whilst trying the script.
i not using a multipatcher either.
my screen res is 800 x 600

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
+1
Well I'm mystified then.  I have darn near the same setup.  Is this EA/OSI or a freeshard?

Are you running full screen or windowed also?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
+1
fullscreen and yes its EA/OSI

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »
+1
Try windowed mode.

Oterwise, I dunno then.  It's obviously still working because I'm sitting here looking at 4 other people that are definitely using this same script... 

We've reached the end of my magic tricks bag, so I'm afraid you are on your own with this problem.  I do hope you can figure it out, however.

If you do figure it out, please let us know what you changed/tweaked/discovered so we can add your issue to the list for others to learn from.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:22:17 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
+1
You'll eventually need to run in windowed mode anyhow because full-screen will break the OCR function so you won't ever accept the correct quest.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
+1
sorry i was running it in windowed mode, my mistake. just restarted my machine and it is still the same, is there anyway or me creating new rails?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 10:35:17 AM »
+1
sorry i was running it in windowed mode, my mistake. just restarted my machine and it is still the same, is there anyway or me creating new rails?

Well you can use the rail creator here on the site, but since this really basic rail isn't working correctly there has to be something else wrong that creating another rail won't solve I'm afraid.  There still has to be something setup incorrectly that we're looking over.  For me, it's been 1000's of iterations ago since I've seen a rail error on these little rails; and code tweaks added to squash those instances.  For it to fail every time is really suspect as a setup issue. 

What I can post is an earlier version of the rail engine.  I'm not sure how far back to go, though.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
+1
Oh, I just thought of something.  Change your rune to SOUTH of the gate about 10 steps.  I think what is happening is that your rune is marked north of the gate and on the first waypoint, you are accidentally walking through the gate.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
+1
AHA problem sorted, i moved my rune to 10 paces south and the script is running now, smoothly  ;) thankyou for your help. im always amazed how it ends up being the simple things that need to be chaned  :)
thanks

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »
+1
AHA problem sorted, i moved my rune to 10 paces south and the script is running now, smoothly  ;) thankyou for your help. im always amazed how it ends up being the simple things that need to be chaned  :)
thanks

Well, that's one of the "known" issues of the 1.x rails.  The 2.x rails don't have any external waypoints, so the first one it tries goes throught the gate immediately, so you don't mistakenly enter the sparkle before you attempt your rail motion.  I'll add that warning back to the original posting. 

This is part of the information lost from uocoders that we are left to re-invent.  Actually this was known during the first release on WinUO.org too but I guess it never made it into the HowTo guide.  Sorry for your inconvenience and patience as we diagnosed the issue.

Remember you still have to run in "windowed" mode for the OCR to work.  That would have been your second "oh crap"... ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Elrond

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Elrond has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 05:40:52 PM »
+1
now well i have a problem here.it seems like tries to release the pet at setup and once i get around that it tries to load boards to pet and i get a message this container cannot hold more weight.and after it tries to do something like rails but it makes circles around the house instead of using sacred journey to go heartwood.its a freeshard no always run and so on.help will be appreciated.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »
+1
I'm not certain about freeshards.  When you get the context  menu from mounts etc. on your freeshard, what happens?  On OSI, all that is happening is that we are opening your beetle pack.  So if you want to bypass that code and hardcode your beetle packid, then that would work.  Sorry, but we don't officially support freeshards, but we have made it work on some (RunUO).

Edit:

If you can tell me what your Context menu for your beetle says i.e. what line number "open beetle pack" appears I can tell you how to modify this script for your particular freeshard.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:30:08 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »
+1
now well i have a problem here.it seems like tries to release the pet at setup and once i get around that it tries to load boards to pet and i get a message this container cannot hold more weight.and after it tries to do something like rails but it makes circles around the house instead of using sacred journey to go heartwood.its a freeshard no always run and so on.help will be appreciated.

I actually had something very similar happen with 2.x to me the other day.  I haven't had the chance to troubleshoot it yet though but it very well could be a change that was imlemented with a recent patch.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 07:42:35 PM »
+1
Went through and redid the setup on the 2.x quester and all is better so try redoing your setup process.