Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 354494 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »
You only have 1 post, are you sure your running the latest version?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline nikki

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nikki has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
just an update on my status. the script works great id say off of about 200k boards i have gotten 10 oaks 5 ash 2 yew and 1 heartwood runic. i never have anyproblems except every now and then the scripts gets stuck on making tinker tools, probly just local lag. other then that great script. oh make sure you dont do what i did and put the runics in the top secure thinking that your gonna save them there. my script ate up my yew runic that way lol

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
just an update on my status. the script works great id say off of about 200k boards i have gotten 10 oaks 5 ash 2 yew and 1 heartwood runic. i never have anyproblems except every now and then the scripts gets stuck on making tinker tools, probly just local lag. other then that great script. oh make sure you dont do what i did and put the runics in the top secure thinking that your gonna save them there. my script ate up my yew runic that way lol

Oh yeh, don't put them there!  lol.  That's why Cerveza added the loot bag early on due to the rampant complaints about eaten runics.  Nothing like finely crafted footstools or bows with a heartwood kit.  heheheh

I'm jealous about your results for runics, though.  That's a great haul!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline ol3ron

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • ol3ron is looked down upon.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2008, 04:01:27 AM »
You only have 1 post, are you sure your running the latest version?

i have 1.15 version (uocoder's version XD)  but following the Revision History, nothing should be modified...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2008, 04:44:38 AM »

i have 1.15 version (uocoder's version XD)  but following the Revision History, nothing should be modified...

You'll have to give us a bit more to go on.  Since it used to work for you, and now it doesn't as well then something must have changed for you.  There haven't been any other complaints, so I have to think that something you're doing might be different.  Did you change computers?  Different internet?  Different shard?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
  • coyan2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2008, 05:59:12 AM »
Well good morning everyone...

First off, This is the best script, I have had no problems with the script... I just have a few questions about it tho...

Code: [Select]
  set %CONTEXT_Toggle_Quest_Item 3603586
  set %QUEST_A_Simple_Bow 6641256
  set %QUEST_Arch_Support 5963096
what do the numbers mean? are they pixel cords for the individual quests?

Why am I asking?
I would like to add in the ability to use Crossbow Bolts, as I have like 100k+ or more.. and would like to try them on this..
Can i do it?

The other problem with modifying this, is the ability to have it just pick up the bolts, and not try to craft them, then bugging out because it cant find enough resources.. I can work on that part, I just need to see about the quest string tho..

thanks   TM for making this.. :)

All American Drink, For an All American kind of Guy

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »
Ok, I updated the Quester thread with the "magic number" for use in the Lethal Darts quest.  Sounds like your modification should be pretty simple.  Don't they still have the 5 minute timer on that quest between turnins?

http://www.scriptuo.com/smf/index.php?topic=69.msg170#msg170
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »
I'm not sure...Since the bow part takes between 2 1/2 and 3 mins to go through, I don't think there is a timer on it.. But I will see.. :)

Thanks for the reply...
Coy

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »
I'm not sure...Since the bow part takes between 2 1/2 and 3 mins to go through, I don't think there is a timer on it.. But I will see.. :)

Thanks for the reply...
Coy

Oh lol!  The Quester will do each bowcraft/stool iteration in 30-40 seconds!  eheh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2008, 05:00:33 PM »
thats what I get for running a slow system i guess. as it runs kinda slow...
I been here timing the time between looking for the quest, and its taking like 18-25 seconds between the time the quest comes up, until it looks for a different one. then when it accepts the quest, it takes 8 seconds before it selects the quest item in the pop-up to mark the items.

I had to turn off the TM Looter because it was taking a full 8 to 10 minutes to get one quest finished up.. My system sucks I guess..

I love the script, It works flawlessly...
Oh, I set up to turn in the bolts, and that works great, But it only comes up in the quest offers like once every 2-4 minutes. simple bow works much faster, and better.

here is what I'm running now...
Intel Pentium 4, 2.8GHz
2gigs of ram
win XP pro SP3
Nvidia GeForce 6800

I have no idea why I run so slow, But maybe its just my system.
Thanks for the replying to my problems tho.. :)

coy

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »
Oh man, that's horrible.  I run the Heartwood quester on my VMWare virtual machine (Win2000, 256M) and it typically will get through an entire quest in 45 seconds.  So there is something really f**ked up with your system.  Do you have a virus scanner running?  The stats of your system aren't too much worse than some of my other systems I've dedicated to questing, and I run circles around you.  The 8 seconds to evaluate the accepting quest should be 1/2 that on a crappy system. 

Santa DEFINITELY needs to bring you a spiffy new system.  I'll put in a good word with Mrs. Clause.  She's my yoga instructor.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
Yoga? didnt he die????

heh

anyway, I changed back to bows, then decided to go for some crossbows.. but, its still making bows.. ugh...

In this snippit, I should change the %itemnum to 2 for crossbows right?
as it is second on the list of that page... but its not working.. :(

set %cat 3
    set %page 1
    set %itemnum 2

sorry if im bein a pain.. im usually not this bad...
coy

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2008, 05:58:55 PM »
Actually, those variables aren't used anymore.  We're using the craftItem sub writtem by Machine over at EUO.  That uses the variable %craftitemchain.  You can see how the buttons are embedded into the string "cat_4-sel_1".  You will also have to change the %item #FINDID value to that of the crossbow.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »
Ya, i got the %item #findid for crossbows, its jsf, but the crafting part had me lost.. thanks for the info...

working as planned now...

Think i will add in some persistent variables for the setup tho. Make getting it up and running a little less time consuming for me... :)

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2008, 07:42:06 AM »

I was wondering, how hard would it be to change the rail to go to the other arch support quest.  I was getting more saws on that one.   Not sure if it was just luck or not.  But in the time I received zero yesterday I had 3 on the other quest.  Might just be me or do you think I just had a really crappy night :-p