Author Topic: Screenshots from RIFT  (Read 23088 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Screenshots from RIFT
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »
+1
Probably not supposed to be posting these, but alas I don't listen very well.  Beautiful looking game so far.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
rift.jpg
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots from RIFT
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
+1
But what do you have to do in game? Level?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
+1
Ya, WoWish.  However, I kinda like the way things are done in this.  It's quite different than some of the other MMRPG.  I'm still wrapping my head around it, so I'll give move feedback as I play more (only been playing for about 30 minutes so far.)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
+1
Gaining in levels.  First glimps of a rift with tentacles.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
rift2.jpg
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:05:57 PM »
+1
The graphics seem pretty nice, but if the world has limitations that is always what brings me back to uo :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
+1
The rift instance encounters are kinda fun.  This one popped up right in the middle of the magic users school.  It's easy to jump into the encounter and participate.

rift3.jpg
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:18:45 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »
+1
have really been considering picking this up i just hate to lvl up and put all the time in and find out pvp is a real drag ya know

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
+1
Unfortunately, I'm not a PvP person so I can't give you any advise.  I'm stilll playing this however; it's pretty good.  People claim it's a WoW rip-off, but they haven't played it much then. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
+1
just by what ive read and seen on youtube its definately not a wow rip-off and i'm not the one so quick to judge something i havent played. its just i pretty much play anything for the pvp aspect of it but i guess a little bit of new is always refreshing at least for a while so i think i'll give it a go

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »
+1
I'd like to hear more about what UOer's think about this game. My buddy who is a pretty avid gamer loves it and has been playing the hell out of it, but we disagree on games somewhat often.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
+1
I've been thinking about checking Rift out myself. The screenshots do look like a less polished WoW but if you guys are saying they are nothing alike I'll certainly bite.

Retnuh, did/do you think the pvp in WoW is a drag? If so, I'm just curious what about it you don't like. I have characters I'm leveling exclusively in the battlegrounds and I am enjoying the hell out of it but it does get redundant, kind of like playing TFC. I was going to try out a pvp server to see how I like that.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
+1
Hmm, I think they are more polished.  The graphics engine is much better in Rift (same as Warhammer).  In order to do the quests, I haven't had to look at sites like WoWHead, all the necessary hints are built into the UI.  Those kinds of refinements go on and on.  I can't believe this is a "new" game.  The level of polish and stability is amazing to me.

If you play Rift just gently, you'll think, "man, this is a total WoW rip."  However, it takes a bit of time to see how they are so different.  I asked that question to my WoW God-Friend, and he definitively stated they two only look similar.  If you stop and think a bit about it, WoW is a rip of EQ2 which was a rip of DAoC which was a rip of EQ1 which was a rip of UO. Frankly, Rift is a great blending of the best parts of all the games so far.  You just have to give it 20 levels to start really seeing the differences clearly.

My friends are having a ball in the PvP area; they are actually dragging me into it tonight.  Will be the first time I've PvPed in a 1st person MMORPG.  This should be interesting...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:16:09 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »
+1
Great review.  Think I will check this out to
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »
+1
TM please do give a brief review how you think PVP is. I've heard good things but as I said, want more info from fellow UO players.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
+1
TM please do give a brief review how you think PVP is. I've heard good things but as I said, want more info from fellow UO players.

heh, well I'm not the best to give a PvP perspective on anything, but I'll give it a shot.  none tonight, I'm bushed however.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: