Author Topic: New char starting skills  (Read 7388 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
New char starting skills
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:29:44 AM »
I'm going to be making this char:

120 Throwing
120 Swords
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

I'd welcome inputs for training order, techniques.

I'm thinking of starting with 50 Tactics and 50 Throwing, then buying up the other skills to 40 and training them in New Haven.

Throwing - I hear those slimes take you to 120?
Swords - Friend tames a wolf(?) spider, you hit it with poison weapon?
Bushido - Couple days casting
Tactics - Worked up with Throwing and Swords, should be 100.
Anatomy - Easy with healing
Healing - Dual account trapped box script.
Chivalry - Macro'd.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New char starting skills
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
I am also starting a new toon with similar skills. whats your plan for his base stats?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:16:06 AM »
Base will be around 100 str, 115 Dex, remainder in mana.

Suit will add in hpi, mi and stamina.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »
im one for training the magic skills first and then letting the stats even out from the weapons training.  in this case, slimes will take throwing anat and bushido to 120 each if you wished to take the skills that high.  tactics will stop at 85 on slimes if you eat a 120 and a little lower if you do not eat a scroll.

after doing chiv, i would move to slimes and go up until u cap your tactics gains or 120 bushido from lightning striking them.  then move to a golem or tents..etc.

last thing i would do is healing.  the question would be would gains be slower with anat alread up there.  if so, healing first then chiv etc.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
im one for training the magic skills first and then letting the stats even out from the weapons training.  in this case, slimes will take throwing anat and bushido to 120 each if you wished to take the skills that high.  tactics will stop at 85 on slimes if you eat a 120 and a little lower if you do not eat a scroll.

after doing chiv, i would move to slimes and go up until u cap your tactics gains or 120 bushido from lightning striking them.  then move to a golem or tents..etc.

last thing i would do is healing.  the question would be would gains be slower with anat alread up there.  if so, healing first then chiv etc.

I suppose its easy to change stats so training magic would imply keeping int high to start and then letting it drop as dex increases with the fighting skills?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »
Why only 70 Chiv?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
Why only 70 Chiv?

I normally only go to 65 for 100% Sacred Journey, but I hate missing Enemy of One thirty times in a row. I'd like to have more but I don't see where I could steal points.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Why only 70 Chiv?

I normally only go to 65 for 100% Sacred Journey, but I hate missing Enemy of One thirty times in a row. I'd like to have more but I don't see where I could steal points.

10 points on a skill ring maybe.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
could also toss on the shield that has chiv on it when needed

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »
When I make a toon with a combat skill I make two at a time, and I use this script:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4080.0  

The script is still a work in progress, but it works and will train two toons to max in:
heal
anat
Tactics
parry
any weapon skill.

Use a stat script and you can balance your stats as you go.
Enable the chivalry spells and it will get you close to where you want it by the time you are done with your other skills.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:34:25 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »
When I make a toon with a combat skill I make two at a time, and I use this script:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4080.0  

The script is still a work in progress, but it works and will train two toons to max in:
heal
anat
Tactics
parry
any weapon skill.

Use a stat script and you can balance your stats as you go.
Enable the chivalry spells and it will get you close to where you want it by the time you are done with your other skills.

Paul - I'll be giving this a try in the near future to train swords etc  - thanks for pointing it out.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »
While gearing up my gargoyle and using breastplate of the berserker - the strength required to wear it is 95. So what does my total strength have to be so when i get cursed or weakened with no resist so i can still wear my armor?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
Lowers the Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence of the target by a percentage (Magery / 10 +1) (11% at 100 Magery)

100 Magery = 11% so 107 - 12 (11.7) = 95
120 Magery = 13% so 110 - 15 (14.2) = 95

If your PvM'ing, remember there's critters out there with 120+ Magery.

*And I thought you were a "numbers guy"... ;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »
heheheheh - ya got me there!

Does even a little resist help?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 10:19:29 PM »
Yes, changes the whole dynamic.

Tags: