Author Topic: Vodka Water!  (Read 15254 times)

Offline Sardorn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vodka Water!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
I'm glad they didnt have that Salmon vodka when I lived up there because I know I want to try it even though I know I would be disgusted by it! But I would give it a try, I have to try them all! But I did pass up Bubble Gum flavor and Cola flavored Vodka, not sure who made them but I know eventually I'll break down and get them. Thankfully I've only seen them in a store that's 4 hours from me.
And a follow up to the Bacon Vodka, if you can make a good bloody mary from scratch it is the way to go but you have to keep the mix just right. I tried to add a splash extra and it went back to terrible.

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
IN place of vodka try this.

Offline Sardorn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sardorn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:31 PM »
Time to update the hijacked Vodka thread!

While conversing with another lover of Vodka, she suggested what she kept referring to as a "Bee Sting", she had it restaurant where she lives and it consisted of a house-made peppercorn vodka and a delicious treat called Barenjager. I searched high and low but could not find the actual drink mix which has these two ingredients, but she swore up and down this was all that was in it.
My first step was to make the peppercorn vodka, easy enough. 1 Tablespoon of peppercorns to one bottle of vodka (quality doesnt mater, I used Svedka as it's my cheap favorite and one I always have on hand). Let it soak for a week, giving it a good shake every day. Now this was a dangerous combination as I am a lover of pepper, so I would sample it daily as I was giving it it's shake..and Mmmmmm! just a little sipper glass, drinking it warm...ooh yeah was it good! I ended up having to redo my mixture as the bottle was half gone before the week was up, but eventually I had my peppercorn vodka! After the week, strain the peppercorns out and put back in the bottle. The vodka will have a brownish tint to it, I suspect if made with white peppercorns this may not be the case but havent tried that yet.
Second was to find this Barenjager...never heard of it so I did my research again, it's a honey-based liquor. My contact said to look for a bottle with a bee hive on top, sure enough..a little pricey, $30 for a bottle but I was going to follow through with this else I drink my bottle of pepper vodka straight!
The tricky part was the mixture. Since I could not find any recipe for the mixture, and she didnt know how much of each was in, I went 50/50. On the rocks it went and it was darn good! though somehow it just didnt seem right to me, I tried a dash of lemon, it was good but still not what I was after.
I staggered into my bar after several attempts and discovered I was out of ice, so the next would have to be warm..and ooooh yeaaaah!!! 50/50 at room temp. Not something to drink as a party drink, but for an after dinner sipper it is by far one of the best mix drinks I've had in a long time.
To each their own with the ice of course, personally I found it much better at room temperature then iced down, but I'm weird like that.
And for those still with me and who have never heard of it, Barenjager is also something that can be home made, vodka, honey, clove and vanilla seem to be all that are in it. I have yet to try to make this yet though so I cant attest to how well the internet recipes are.

To previous posts...while shopping for my Barenjager, a bottle of that Alaskan Smoked Salmon vodka caught my eye..I figured, what the hell...and I wish I hadnt. Bakon vodka was bad. Salmon vodka is something that should never have been created.
The Cachaca 51 looks like rum from what I could find that was translated, something I will have to try if I can find it. Sounds like it would be pretty good though.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:35:47 PM by Sardorn »

Tags: