Author Topic: Scribe/Necro ideas..  (Read 2998 times)

Offline jramberg06Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jramberg06 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Scribe/Necro ideas..
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:49 AM »
Turning a standard 120'd necro/mage to a scribe/necro but the mana is a bit of a problem...

Currently:
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 ss
105 necro
100 scribe
35 med

I'm a big fan of strangle and wither for field fights so I've stubbornly set necro to 105 but if i cant resolve my issues regaining mana I may consider a drop.

I'm sporting 14 MR which obviously is not sufficient. Just joined this toon to factions so I've got some options there. I guess my question is, what are the possibilities of getting by on these skills with the help of some skill bonus and additional MR. Anyone have experience gearing this temp?

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Scribe/Necro ideas..
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:34:54 AM »
Chacter human or elf and u would do better with out the scribe if anything id do spellweaving or weapon skill.  The Necro mage teaches you how to manage your mana need to lern to efficent in your casting witch is easier said than done.  Id work on uping the mana regen maxing out lmc as well

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »
Really? Strangle and Wither?? Okaaaay.....

About the only thing you can do is drop resist and take Med up. You'll have to deal with having no resist though.

Personally, I have resist on all my mage classes and some of my dex classes. I find that a dexxer can tolerate trapped boxes and such better then a mage, and if a dexxer is mana vamped it doesn't negate his damage capabilities.

Strangle and wither huh?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:53:50 AM »
On my two necro scribes I have 40 and 50 Meditation and mana is still a problem, most noticeably in a 1v1 situation or a duel. If your big combo doesn't go off theres only so many times you can do it til you're clean out of mana. Field fights aren't such a problem since the time spent chasing people gives you an opportunity to regen some mana though. Its a shame, because its probably my favourite mage template to play :(

Tags: