Poll

Which would you max?

Spell Damage at 12 out of 15 for pvp
7 (50%)
Lower Mana Cost 38 out of 40
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Spellweave Myst Mage  (Read 7053 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Spellweave Myst Mage
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »
Spell damage on the char is 12. For PvP you can have a max of 15 from items.

Or...

Lower Mana Cost is 38%. It can be maxed at 40.

Which would be more important for a PvP RED char?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Spellweave Myst Mage
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:11:37 AM »
Mostly dueling or field fighting?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »
Field and 1v? in the field, not a dueling char.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Definitely SDI...you always  need the extra couple points of damage...38 vs 40 lmc can be made up for with MR and such, plus in the field if you lose mana, you can move around and regen fine (I play with only 50 med on my mystic scribe mage)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »
I would go SDI as well. If dueling, that can be a different story but field fighting, SDI all the way!

X

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
SDI for sure, but honestly if your not able to do both with Imbuing your doing something wrong heh.... 

All PvP Mage suits should have

+25 HP
100% LRC
45%+ DCI
40% LMC
15% SDI

As a given.... 

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
It's for a Non-Faction char. Getting everything is easy with just a couple faction pieces.

Kasa is the only SDI piece. The only place to add in the SDI would be on the ring.

Ring: 15 Magery, 25 EP, 15 DCI, FCR 3

That leaves room for one imbue of either 2 LMC or 3 SDI. I *could* get both but have to sacrifice a couple HPI on the suit.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
You noobs are nuts.  If you're going to be doing any sort of field fighting or dueling, the extra lmc is where its at.  Otherwise you run out of mana faster.  The couple damage you lose you can work around, the higher mana cost of spells you cannot.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
You noobs are nuts.  If you're going to be doing any sort of field fighting or dueling, the extra lmc is where its at.  Otherwise you run out of mana faster.  The couple damage you lose you can work around, the higher mana cost of spells you cannot.
Like I said, dueling = LMC

Field fighting could go either way. I like the extra SDI but I also don't often have mana issues.

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Just add up the amount of damage you do losing 2 or 3 sdi.  You'll see.  It's a pittance compared to how much you'll lose in mana over time.  I'd rather be able to cast 2 or 3 more spells before I run out of mana than gain 1 or 2 damage points per spell.  That's like the winning heal/para/flamestrike compared to a couple damage points.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »
You do realize though, that due to rounding, 2%LMC really does not make a difference in most spells...whereas in damage (before taking into account their resists) 3% is MUCH larger even with rounding...DUELING is the only exception because mana consumption is key, but in field fighting, you're OK even if you do a full dump thanks to pots and everything else.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
Having full lmc is the only way to go.  Period.  If you said 5 sdi or 10 sdi, I'd change my mind, 2-3 sdi?  Beh.  Take the LMC over that any day.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:58:23 PM »
I've played mages for 12 years...in any NON-DUELING situation, SDI is the way to go! I've played mages with only 32LMC and done perfectly fine in the field

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
I've played mages for 12 years...in any NON-DUELING situation, SDI is the way to go! I've played mages with only 32LMC and done perfectly fine in the field

If I hadn't killed you with explode/flame/pain spike/fireball or whatever, I'd take your mage advice. haha :) j/k

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 03:53:05 AM »
I fit both in, but the conversation is very good.

Tags: