Author Topic: Ancient Lich Renowned  (Read 5458 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Ancient Lich Renowned
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
Learn how to burn down the Ancient Lich Spawn!

1)  Sampire.  I run the following sub-optimal template:

Bush 106
Chiv 75
Necro 99
Resist 101
Swords 115
Tactics 115
Anat 109

You must have resist, or you will die.

2) Armor.  You need to be all 70s in vamp form, so pile on the Fire Resist.  Afterwards, you're adding dexterity and stamina before everything else.  Then, mana increase and regen.  Finally, pile on the DI and the SSI.  You need to be swinging once a second, or as close to that as the game allows.

3) Weapon.  I run this suboptimal weapon that cost me nothing to imbue, because it spawned with with darn near everything on it:

Radiant Scimitar
Hit Stamina Leech 14% (really needs to be higher)
Undead Slayer
Hit Mana Leech 50%
SSI 25%
DI 45%
Physical 100% (Should be fire)

4) Macros.  Set up this:
SelectNext     Mobile
AttackSelectedTarget

Put it on a hotkey that you can spam while running.

Technique:

Tier I & II:  Run like a madman, spamming your hotkey.  Get everything aggroed, then stand and whirlwind through it.  Consecrate weapon is your friend if you're not 100% fire.

Tier III: *Carefully* run like a madman, aggroing the Rotting Corpses.  Get as many as you conveniently can - I like 5-8.  Then, Honor a Skeletal Lich.  Dance around until you engage the Skele Lich with a group of angry RCs next to you.  Spam whirlwind.  If you whiff more than once, run and heal.  You can have as many RCs as you want on you, but only one Skele Lich.  More than one and the pain spike/poison strike/strangle/evil omen/flamestrikes/Deadly Poison will end you.

Renowned: Just EoO and bash him.  Get up from the keyboard and get a soda if you want, or take a 15 second snooze.  That's all you'll need to kill him.

I've been dying a lot, but that's because I tend to charge in and damn the torpedoes.  With only a small amount of caution on Tier III, I never dirt nap.

Enjoy.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Lich Renowned
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
nice!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »
Thank you for this nice write up Nobama.  I have not tried this renown yet and now that I have heard about it will give it a few tries.

Offline angel of darkness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • angel of darkness has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:05 AM »
nice write up on it its actually not that hard to kill ive had no problems with more skele liches most i had on me was 4 and dropped em all pretty quick

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
nice write up, ive done this spawn alot and rotten corpses barely hit you, one skele lich is enough although you can handle 2 or more if you honor and enemy of one, i use the undead slayer tali conjurers trinket. Its a great way to work up fame and the shele lichs drop around 2k.

I love the tutorials on here, im going to attempt the stygian drangon on my archer thanks to the other tutorial

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:17:35 AM »
Thankyou for this awesome small Tutorial!
I will give it a test :-)

Crome

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
Glad folks find this useful.  I've gotten very bitter about the drop rate for special items.  In another thread, I posted a travelogue of my attempt to get a Berserker's Breastplate from the Acid Renowned.  After over 100 attempts, I just quit.

May you have better luck!

Tags: