Author Topic: THE Disco Whammy..  (Read 5698 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
THE Disco Whammy..
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
Hellooo new and old SUO folk!

I'm back from 2 months in Thailand, and a few weeks getting things organized here back at home.

3 days back into UO, and I'm finding that my usual BODS and Sampire life is a little...well...boring.. So I ventured off trying to think of other things to do/try.  I have 'almost' every skill in game 100-120 on stones, so what the heck???  Right??

I'm wandering through the abyss on the trusty Samp, and come across someone tanking...mind you, TANKING...Slasher.  Thought to myself, "Wow, haven't seen that before".  I pay a little attention to this naturally.  He's sparkly, obviously disco's, but dang!  Slasher was at about 80% when I got there, and I swear, it didn't seem to take this person 5 minutes to wipe him from the UO realm. 

So, next I focus my attention to good ol' youtube..  I find a video of one destroying Slasher in all of 18 minutes from start to finish.  Seems quite incredible to me considering all of the posts I remember in the past of the Gargoyle throwing gods taking almost 1.5 that amount of time. So here I am...

Bored...

Confused...

Disco...YUK!!.. (Thank you C2 for your disco whoopask machine!)...

Now, Mr. Obi-MeWonUo-bi knows that this is simply and strictly a big game type of hunter.  But that is what he does.  PvP is not an option on my internet connection, and big game eats me on my conn sometimes.  But it is all that I have. 

So here we go...Sorry for all the wasted lines of text above.  I got carried away. :P

Does anyone here have experience with this type of toon?  I'm not sure what skill set to give him/her..  ugh..

120 Music = Yes
120 Disco = Yes
120 Fencing = Yes

From here I'm a little lost..  Do I go with 180 pts of Bushido and Parry for the mana discount? The block chance?  Or will the whammy pull enough mana AI bombing to:

1. Keep AI bombing?
2. Keep BOTH mastery spells running?

Here is what I have come up with, please tell me if it sounds realistic. :)

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Fencing
100 Bushido
80  Parry
100 Tactics
20 Necro
60 Spirit

Only plan on using 30 skill points on jewelry, but not sure where to use it.

UGH!  This sounds like an amazing template, but I'm not sure how to make it work.  Numbers above are for keeping the mana discount. I could wipe out bushido or parry and add anatomy.. ??

p.s... I need to be able to use pots..

What y'all think?? :)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: THE Disco Whammy..
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
I have a AI sammy that I bet would hit for around 140-180 on the slasher, dunno if this would be enough to keep the spells going though as eventually the slasher would run out of mana to leech I think.  I'd love to see some more thought about this temp though.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »
Wow this sounds like a template for me!! How did this work out for you MeWonUo?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
How is this working out for you? I remember seeing a video of someone soloing slasher with a bard whammy template and was amazed! I've been wanting to try something like this out but still haven't seemed to get it down correctly.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »
How about...
105 Music (+15 Ring for 120)
105 Disco (+15 Brac for 120)
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
85 Parry (+15 Ring for 100)
25 Necro (+15 Brac for 40)
60 Necro

Essentially what you do is, Discord champ with bard jewelry on, swap ring and brac for Parry/Necro jewelry. Utilize a leafblade for AI and Feint (AI like 3-4 times, then Feint) Utilize LS for emergency mana. Make sure you keep feint up (lasts 5 seconds).

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Puebles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »
OK, I tried this on Test Center tonight. It was a huge disappointment. With no resist I was frozen on the initial fear until I was killed. With only heal pots there is no way to survive that. I didn't even get off the discord. I turned the corner saew the slasher, got froze, got eaten.

What can I be missing?

Has anyone actually used this tempalte on the slasher?

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 03:25:50 AM »
OK, I tried this on Test Center tonight. It was a huge disappointment. With no resist I was frozen on the initial fear until I was killed. With only heal pots there is no way to survive that. I didn't even get off the discord. I turned the corner saew the slasher, got froze, got eaten.

What can I be missing?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory

Also something that I did with my sampire to counter low resist (I ran her at just enough resist to not lose all my mana in one drain, 60-80 I think.) is to carry a trapped box (bolt trap). Does like 6 dmg and breaks paralyzes. Dunno what all the slasher does however.

Again, this thread and replies are primarily theories, most of which if you read the date of their posting are from over a year ago.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »

What can I be missing?

Spamming curse wep is a must.  I don't see this particular build surviving slasher without a sick suit.  A lot of folks soloing slasher are doing it with stone form.

Tags: