Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Terms of Service Reminder  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Terms of Service Reminder
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
Terms of Service Reminder

We would like to remind our players that the use of 3rd party programs violates our Terms of Service.
If you receive a warning for any infraction, it is because you were reported by a fellow player for breaking the ToS.
Warnings placed on an account will escalate to suspension if the account commits the same offense repeatedly.
The following third party programs are the only ones legal to run:

UO Assist
UO Auto-Map 
UO Calculator 
UO Curse Tool 
UO Journal Converter
UO Magic Tool
UO Spawn Map
UO Wedding

Happy Holidays,
The UO Team

http://www.uoherald.com/node/511

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Terms of Service Reminder
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
Last time they posted this reminder they went on a hunt for speedhackers. They usually post this first so if people get banned they cant say " I never knew I was doing anything wrong ". Wonder what they are looking for now?! I suggest keeping things on the low down just incase

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »
Uo carto was stated as legal at one point.  Hrmm

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:14:26 PM »
UO Cartographer was not OFFICIALLY stated as OK. It was simply one of the devs saying "Yea, we know the UOAM team kinda dropped the ball and someone made something better so we're just gonna look away and pretend it's 'official'".
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
Pardon my total newbness on this question but someone is posting about programs that "interact with the data stream".  Is this what our classic scripts do or is this more of a speeder issue?  As per the norm attempting to gather information from stratics has left more questions, sigh.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:56 AM »
We do not interact with the data stream. 

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:49 AM »
That is what I had thought, thanks.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
I just want them to mention use of the army specifically in the UOHerald, then I can Quit the Game Happy :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
We do not interact with the data stream. 
Easyuo and Openuo arent supposed to be. So you couldnt do this. On the other side it existed in past a lot of tools who were be able to interact with Datastream.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
Pardon my total newbness on this question but someone is posting about programs that "interact with the data stream".  Is this what our classic scripts do or is this more of a speeder issue?  As per the norm attempting to gather information from stratics has left more questions, sigh.

Soem of the above comments where a tad incorrect. Some commands inside of EasyUO do interact with the data stream but do not do anything that you can not do your self sitting behind the keyboard and mouse playing UO. But there are commands inside of UO that do interact with the UO servers.  They are replicating things that we do as players. If you goto  EasyO wiki some of the commands are mentioned and others have been mentioned over the years in the forums there also.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
exevent commands interact with datastream... but dont do anything naughty. They just make moving stuff more stable and usable.

If you receive a warning for any infraction, it is because you were reported by a fellow player for breaking the ToS.

The above line is very interesting...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
exevent commands interact with datastream... but dont do anything naughty. They just make moving stuff more stable and usable.

The above line is very interesting...

That's almost always been my personal belief. 99.9% of the time if you get busted it's because someone else paged on you. It's hard enough just to get a GM to show up anywhere let alot having GMs patroling and policing 15+ shards.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
Of course, but i mean you cant simply inject your own in it or directly read the streams.

Since i played last time 2005 on Osi it was like this. I dunno why the Gamemasters on Osi so busy but i never saw a Gamemaster because they patrolled, they only camed from pages of other players.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 04:15:13 AM »

That's almost always been my personal belief. 99.9% of the time if you get busted it's because someone else paged on you. It's hard enough just to get a GM to show up anywhere let alot having GMs patroling and policing 15+ shards.

Since i played last time 2005 on Osi it was like this. I dunno why the Gamemasters on Osi so busy but i never saw a Gamemaster because they patrolled, they only camed from pages of other players.

this is precisely why  My Overseer was born
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 06:04:02 AM »
When ever I've done true AFK macroing I've been at reasonably safe locations like the middle of the ocean or, my personal favorite, some random location in the old T2A when no one is ever going to come.  I've been busted once ages ago when running a turn in but that was on at night and lost me a account on a first time so it's never been repeated.

Tags: