Author Topic: My new house  (Read 8293 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
My new house
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
Ok, one of the many reasons that I love UO is the degree of customization available.  When AOS was introduced, I went yaya because you could do some pretty cool custom house designs.  Here's one I just finished on a freeshard (I care not to admit which).

For me, I love the optical illusions/mazes.  Here's one based on a house I once saw on Sonoma, with my personal spin on it.  I call it, "Gee, my house is sinking".  Notice the illusion of the "basement".  Actually, it *IS* a functional basement.  *shrugs*

Oh, and I've found one of the best ways to play with custom houses recently is to use your own RunUO server.  The Admin account is still tied to all the construction rules, so the results are pretty typical when you goto a non-god account.  I just wish this plot was 18x18!  (14x17)

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
gc_bottom_floor.JPG
gc_top_floor.JPG
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:27:27 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My new house
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
Very cool, I suck at house building in General, are you not playing OSI anymore?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:25:42 PM »
Very cool, I suck at house building in General, are you not playing OSI anymore?

House design is one of those practice makes perfect things.  I remember when the only house design you had was to stack reagents, gnarled staves and oil lamps to create slot machines.  lol. 

Yeh, I'm still playing OSI but sometimes it's nice to play a RunUO shard.  At least with RunUO, if I have a question about how something works, I can just look at the server code.  Actually I just placed a tower on Pacific.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
Man thats sweet, illusions are mostlikely the hardest houses to create ;) And im not to keen on postin my lovely house here in public ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:26:36 PM »
very nice.. the most I did with my plot was create 1/2 Staircases.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
my house.JPG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »
That's a nice keep-style layout. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
Funny you Should say that.. the name of the house is Mini-Keep... its also located in the middle of Towers/Keeps and Castles....
there is also a hidden basement door just to the left of the stairs. I would have screen shots of the whole house, but the basement is just a mess and i haven't really done anything else with the rest of the house.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:06:41 AM »
"...but the basement is just a mess..." LOL, I don't know why but that struck me as funny.

Cool designs man. I love working on custom houses. I have two Keeps right now and I've been missing the ability to change things around. I could downsize to 18x18's but I'm pretty much used to the storage now, although I did free up nearly 800 items last night due to spring cleaning (still only worked out to being 600k though, wtf?? lol).

Love the basement TM, I don't think I've ever seen a house quite like that one. I typically build houses involving towers and balconies; kind of played out really.

XII

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »
"...but the basement is just a mess..." LOL, I don't know why but that struck me as funny.

Cool designs man. I love working on custom houses. I have two Keeps right now and I've been missing the ability to change things around. I could downsize to 18x18's but I'm pretty much used to the storage now, although I did free up nearly 800 items last night due to spring cleaning (still only worked out to being 600k though, wtf?? lol).

Love the basement TM, I don't think I've ever seen a house quite like that one. I typically build houses involving towers and balconies; kind of played out really.

XII

If I get a chance, I'll post a HOW-TO guide for it since it's pretty involved.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:34:55 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
Yeh, the messy basement made me snicker too.  Go monk it!

I have grandfathered houses tied to my accounts on OSI, so I haven't really been able to experiment much with plots because you can't change a grandfathered house at all.  They would really do a service to the community by allowing people with multiple houses a way to resize/redecorate their existing plots.  Throw the veteran players a bone?? Seems like they have the system partially in place, but they need to get away from the obvious animosity they hold against multiple house holders.  At least I don't have 22 on one account like I once had.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline ODISSEO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ODISSEO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
Nice house  :)

Offline masteryoda

• Activity:
    0%
  • masteryoda has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »
Nice job, I hate working on my house its a mess!!!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:38:35 PM »

House design is one of those practice makes perfect things.  I remember when the only house design you had was to stack reagents, gnarled staves and oil lamps to create slot machines.  lol. 

Yeh, I'm still playing OSI but sometimes it's nice to play a RunUO shard.  At least with RunUO, if I have a question about how something works, I can just look at the server code.  Actually I just placed a tower on Pacific.

lol and people would charge like 15k to build you a fishtank out of cut up cloth.  Or how I would buy a house create stools, looms, and forges and then sell the house for 50k more!  Or rent out my carpentry skills!

Tags: