Author Topic: Mage pvpers obsolete?  (Read 9455 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Mage pvpers obsolete?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
I'm on Sonoma. How about you?

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
im on pac, but live on the east coast, been looking to transfer shards.  Sonama is west coast isnt it?  Let le look I  have characters everywhere, shard wise that is.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 12:37:49 PM »
I play on Sonoma also mainly.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »
I transferred to an Asian Shard to farm scrolls but the problem I'm having is I can only solo barraccon so having a partner in crime would help. There are still some PK's here and there but much less than my home shard. I'll PM you my ICQ if your interested in joining me on an asian shard give me a buzz.

@TM I think I know who one of your chars are. Incidently so far every shard I've been to has people's running the Quester. The Asian shard I'm on was a parking lot full of beetles. :-X

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
@TM I think I know who one of your chars are. Incidently so far every shard I've been to has people's running the Quester. The Asian shard I'm on was a parking lot full of beetles. :-X

You'll have to PM me who you "think" my char is.  I'm curious if my anti-detection tactics have been thwarted!  :p

And yeh, I stopped by a couple asian shards; they are HW_Quester crazy! 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
I did a back check you don't match the player I thought you were. I thought I had you!!  :P

But I'll find out as long as you keep loggin' in but you can rest assured for now that I haven't breached your security measures or identity.

Offline phoenix0221

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • phoenix0221 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »
hey ultima did you pvp on sonoma (or still do) and if so what guild i'd like to know if i was playing with you all this time!!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »
i used to play on Sonoma as Taxi Driver.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline phoenix0221

• Activity:
    0%
  • phoenix0221 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
i used to play on Sonoma as Taxi Driver.
i think i remeber you. were u in waka?
p.s i was luna of gor (also cindy and azshara maybe one more i forget i change my name too much)

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:44 AM »
Necro mage is the way to go imo. Many wrestle/scribe mages do very well, but I can never kill anyone with that "dueling" template. I run a nox/necro mage and love it. I tried scribe/necro, but I feel I make more of a difference with deadly fields in a grind, or just getting an omen/poison on someone.

I don't know how any mage can survive without magic resist. Once word gets out, you're vamped and sitting on the sidelines. It won't be hard to figure out either. One para test, and your secret is out. Plus every poison cast on you will stick.

You'll need 45 dci minimum, and a one handed sc no penalty wep so you can chug. This is tough to do because you no penalty weps that have dci 10 or better on them are big bucks. If you joined a faction though, it's quite easy because the folded steel glasses are 25 dci in factions. So folded's + armor of fort + quiver = 45 base dci.

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »
carry a trapped box.  When you get a trapped box made. Get one that is not GM.  You want it to be the least amount of effective in the damage from it.  You use it when you get paralysed to break it since any damage received will take the effect of paralysis away.

im basically in the same situation as the OP. have a wrestle scribe mage and looking to update. looking towards the necro/scribe template with no resist and had a question about the trapped boxes... can u only use a box once? if so, do u have to carry around a bunch of boxes or what? seems kinda annoying/time consuming

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 06:59:09 AM »
You reuse the same box at least until you die and it gets looted, but also like said above a mage without resist is a quick target once they find out that they can mana vamp you and send you for the hills.

Tags: