Author Topic: What are the most popular collections for donations?  (Read 4951 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
What are the most popular collections for donations?
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »
Just curious because I'm testing a universal donation sub, and I want to be sure I get the most popular collections covered first.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What are the most popular collections for donations?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »
Mace and Shield obviously and Taming Library Talisman off the top of my head.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:58 AM »
Well, it won't be "universal" since it will have to handle the taming collection differently.  However it will donate to all the item-based collections.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 05:00:36 AM »
Taming Talisman from the Library, 550k points from any turnin NPC if I remember correctly.

Folded Steel and Mace & Shield glasses are the most popular if not the only popular. Of course these are also the two available as faction items so they are becoming less popular. I would say from there that the others really aren't used very often because the stats aren't that special. I'm guessing they would sell mostly to people who want the whole set or something like that.

Interesting that there are so many of us working on donation related scripts right now!!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
Well, I pitched in to help Cerveza with the wood donation, but what fell out was something that could donate anything.  springs, wood, ingots, shields, books, moulding planes, yada, yada.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
The Vesper Chaos Shield is still pretty popular with it's FC/FCR and the Order Shield with it's HCI/DCI (Now available through factions).

I'll definately play around with this puppy and give feedback if the oppurtunity presents itself. I'm a huge fan of the collections and made a good portion of my small fortune trading in these collectibles. I know there were a few threads on stratics where people were complaining about what a pain in the ass the community collections system is and they're were asking for changes to the current system. I think the DEV's have alot of their plates right now so not sure if that will happen anytime soon.

TM & Cerveza if you guys do get this thing up and running it will probably be 2nd to the almighty "Quester". Donations are alot of fun and can be very lucrative.  ;D

I know some people have tweaked SM's to do other donations and C2 recently put up a Donator for resources. But there is nothing out there that is 'universal' per se. So if you two are collaborating I can only imagine it being another monster. :P

I'd really like to be able to do some of the other collections especially Light of the Way and Folded Steele. So if this script can do that and I'm fortunate enough I will be one happy camper.

Very excited about this... :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:14:55 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
where's the Beta Tester Application?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:58:39 AM »
Hmm, maybe I'll have to put mine back on the shelf then cause this sounds pretty much like what I was working on. Oh well, that will teach me to spend so much time on the UI!  ::)

X

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
Hmm, well this was going to start out as just a set of donate-all subs, but would really be helped with a cool UI.  So perhaps your UI work can still be useful since I wasn't going to spend much time with the UI (my UIs are pretty spartan anyhow..)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »
Hmm, well this was going to start out as just a set of donate-all subs, but would really be helped with a cool UI.  So perhaps your UI work can still be useful since I wasn't going to spend much time with the UI (my UIs are pretty spartan anyhow..)

I should give you my script that I use to have.  It could handle handing in anything.  I obviously had it so that it would only go for the best.  It had multiple ways of doing it.  You could buy items from a vendor, or you could go to your bank and pull out stack items, and I was in the middle of finally being able to craft the items.  I created the whole entire base code and listed out all the times of all craftable items along with their locations.  You just had to make a function call to create it.  I didn't do supply checks in it yet.  If I can find where I put that old script I will give it to you.  I haven't scripted in like more than half a year though.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »
Is it this one?

http://www.scriptuo.com/smf/index.php?topic=127.msg497#msg497

No.  That thing was beyond old and already went through a lot of other refinement.

Tags: