Author Topic: Wow, is my shard empty or what?  (Read 6488 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Wow, is my shard empty or what?
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:13:35 AM »
I haven't gone IDOC hunting for a while, but I recently went wandering around my shard and was shocked about how devoid of houses it is.  I remember the day when you could wander around everywhere and not find *1* place to stick a 7x7 let alone a tower!  But these days, it's kinda sad to see how much has left.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, is my shard empty or what?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »
what shard is that? atlantic?
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:48:06 AM »
I think he's Sonoma. ATL is one of the biggest I think.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:12:18 AM »
ya.. My Shard is the same... if you look long enough you can place an 18x18

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:32:06 AM »
my shard getting that way too
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:35:11 AM »
We did just have 2 luna houses fall at the same time last week.
though our Luna House Horde stole them both. guy has at least 5 houses in luna Just on my shard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 08:53:58 AM »
Great Lakes is really slowing down as well.  I just placed a smaller house on Atlantic to get started there and build some new chars there as well.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
hehe, I started a Character on on GL started to work some skills then a GM tried to get me for UM

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »
Sonoma gets packed everytime there is an event of some kind and you can't hardly get away with any Powerscroll farming there without getting raided. There are times Sonoma seems real quiet and then there are times where Luna bank is jam packed. Goes in cycles...

You didn't happen to find a Castle Spot did ya? :P

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
It certainly does depend on the shard but a friend and I were just talking about this very thing over lunch today. Gone are the days of not being able to find housing, even on Atlantic. Hell, I had a max storage custom (14x14 maybe, been a while) on ATL Fel in Snakes Pass that I sold for 17 million a couple years ago. Now it's next to impossible to sell anything that isn't a keep/castle or prime location (e.g. Luna or Yew Gate).

I've noticed many places where 18x18's or even Keep's will easily fit on Sonoma, Drachenfels, LS, Catskills, and LA just to name a few. I've been IDOC'ng a little on Sonoma as time allows and there are places everywhere.

Guess that's what happens when you make such shitty changes in a game that people have no choice but to script or leave for other games. I have more fun building stuff up on new shards now than I do actually playing the game the way it seems to be meant to be played.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
Of course all the un-enlightened people will say the scripters killed the game.  However, I still contend that in creating a game that's meant to be scripted, I think EA/OSI is more to blame for it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »
The Age of Items took their toll on the game.

If they wouldn't have made these uber items that everyone needs to click 400 trillion times to get, there would be little scripting in the game.

Sure, you'd still have your miners, not so many lumberjacks and tailors. But look at how the economy went to hell when the items came along. Before items, there were *very* few (if any) millionaires. Now you nee a mil to even visit Luna.

Keeping the item base simple, and directing their efforts on play (read pvp and pvm) would have keep UO on top.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »
I just wish that they would have kept it so the crafters are the ones who made the armor and that is how people got it.  Took the craft out of crafter and added script to the er.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »
The whole concept of LRC changed UO in a big way in my opinion. It was a huge gold sink for one. People would run into eachother at the mage shops and it induced more interaction amongst the playerbase. In PvP when you ran out reagents you were SOL. As it stands today people just equip their LRC and they're right back into the mix.

I could do without some of the crazy items they've made. Now that they're out there I want them but....

Being able to see the current state of the UO today and the changes they've implemented and comparing it to circa 1997' when UO first came out it's easy to see some of the negative aspects these items bring along with them.

Now we're about to enter into a totally new realm of uber items with Imbueing when Stygian Abyss is launched. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I do believe the expansion is introducing a new tier of Boss that is above Champ and Peerless in strength. Epic or legendary I thought it was referred to.

Medusa is going to be apart of SA so she might be one of the new baddies we have to deal with.

Maybe we the introduction of SA we'll see a resurgence of UO and people will come back and perhaps it will even bring in some new players to see what it's all about. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:14:32 PM by Ultima »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
Luna was death to getting people to go and see the world.  When you can stand in one spot and do business with most all NPC venders is when people just stopped even having to recall.

<---------  Hates Luna
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: