Author Topic: So much to do, don't know where to start  (Read 3000 times)

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
So much to do, don't know where to start
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:44:26 PM »
Same ol story, playing off and on for like 10 years. Got the itch again... Was hoping I could just get a shotgun blast of information on what's happening in today's UO (EA/Broadsword? servers). I don't have any method to my questions, just what I can think of right now. Any help is appreciated!

Where are the best items from (pvp and pve)? Crafted, Shame, Doom, Peerless, Imbuing, random turn-in sources, etc.?
-What mods should I be looking for (in general)?

Are all dungeons updated to the "new" Shame format?

Is the Abyss/Underworld/Peerless still relevant?

What are some of the strong templates used for farming the best items?

What are some easy farm spots I can start out on with a 120x tamer w/ greater dragon to get reacquainted to the game?
-Harder solo content?

Best all-around pets to use as a tamer?

Any current events going on? I think Blackthorn/Minax items farming was the thing to do during my last stretch.

What are the fun things you guys are currently doing?

I read the thread on the T-Hunters and that sounds like fun, are they still relevant? (have never had one before!)

What is PvP based around? VvV, Champ spawns, harrowers, Yew gate, etc?

Fun/interesting things to do in the latest xpac?

Other useful, up to date, websites? UOGuide, Searchuo, finduo, stratics, etc?

Active/mature guilds on Atlantic with voice comms that I could look into joining?

Anything else you think could be fun/relevant.

About me:
I plan on doing mostly solo, non-pvp, gameplay as I begin again, but would like to venture out as I get my bearings.
Currently on Atlantic with a few hundred million and developed characters/house.
Only 1 active account but wouldn't be against reactivating another.
My most recent break was around High Seas and haven't played any of the new xpac.

Any and all help appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:48:26 PM by Rn »

Offline savestheyday

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: So much to do, don't know where to start
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
Same ol story, playing off and on for like 10 years. Got the itch again... Was hoping I could just get a shotgun blast of information on what's happening in today's UO (EA/Broadsword? servers). I don't have any method to my questions, just what I can think of right now. Any help is appreciated!

UO is the only game I've never been able to let go.  There seriously needs to be a support group!

Where are the best items from (pvp and pve)? Crafted, Shame, Doom, Peerless, Imbuing, random turn-in sources, etc.?
-What mods should I be looking for (in general)?

Crafting and farming very high end bosses produce the best items.  Artifacts play a minor role now, as many items can now drop as random loot that put some old artifacts to shame!  All spots have at least 1 or 2 artifacts that drop which are still relevant.

Are all dungeons updated to the "new" Shame format?

They made "shame loot" global to all mobs.  The fist mob I killed after a 10 year break was a solen warrior in fel, and it dropped an item that would have been worth 10+ mil at the time I quit playing!

Is the Abyss/Underworld/Peerless still relevant?

Everything is still relevant, but the effort vs. reward ratios vary substantially between different areas of the game.  Example: Armor of fortune is still useful from doom, but you are just as likely to get other artifact drops that are worse than currently craftable items.

What are some of the strong templates used for farming the best items?

The all purpose template is a sampire with high end gear.  However, the best template is actually based on what you plan to farm as all farming spots have unique highly specialized templates and gear to maximize efficiency.  You can solo it all with 1 toon if you have enough soul stones and suits.

What are some easy farm spots I can start out on with a 120x tamer w/ greater dragon to get reacquainted to the game?
-Harder solo content?

With the new mastery system a tamer with a greater can do 95% of the content solo... The problem is it is super slow compared to other specialized templates.  If you have multiple accounts a tamer makes a great support character for tanking/disco/back healing...

Best all-around pets to use as a tamer?

There are very few situations where other pets would outclass a greater.  There is a new dragon turtle pet, but it is basically just a greater drag.

Any current events going on? I think Blackthorn/Minax items farming was the thing to do during my last stretch.

One of the devs hinted on the stratics forums that a new story arc involving the tribes of the new dinosaur lands would start in the future.

What are the fun things you guys are currently doing?

Rebuilding myself back up from peasant status.  Theory crafting multi box strats for content. 

I read the thread on the T-Hunters and that sounds like fun, are they still relevant? (have never had one before!)

Treasure hunting is a zen thing for most people.  You either love it or hate it!  It's not considered the most profitable profession, but if you consistently do level 6 maps you WILL make gold.

What is PvP based around? VvV, Champ spawns, harrowers, Yew gate, etc?

This is shard specific, but my best answer after some scouting is that pvp currently centers around general chat

Other useful, up to date, websites? UOGuide, Searchuo, finduo, stratics, etc?

The most reliable information by far comes from this site.  Stratics is almost intolerable, because it is plagued by an extremely vocal minority of posters with their own agendas.  Be sure to vet any information you get from UO guide or stratics, it is usually contradictory or outdated/wrong.  I've been burned by this a couple times already.

Active/mature guilds on Atlantic with voice comms that I could look into joining?

If you ask in general chat most shards have guilds which cater to new or returning players and are desperate to cultivate the player community.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »
Hey!  Nice to see you back! 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 03:12:03 AM »
Awesome reply savestheday, you've just reinforced that I want to keep playing this game, ty. Can't wait to get started. I'll check back as I go if I think of anything else and to see if anyone else wants to chime in!

Tags: