Author Topic: Considering an ultra-book  (Read 4773 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Considering an ultra-book
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
First, here's the system I'm considering:  http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/dell-updates-xps-13-with-1080p-display/

I used to build my own desktop rigs.  Then, I decided I wanted a laptop that could also handle heavy gaming and bought a tricked out XPS laptop back in 2007.  It still runs everything just fine today, including Starcraft II, but the graphic card is notorious for getting hot and melting solders.  The system is pretty old and wieghs a metric ton...so...maybe time for a new one.

These days, I don't follow anything about computer components and wouldn't have the time to get smart on all the tech options out there.  That means buying off-the-shelf again.

Anyone know anything about ultrabooks?  Mostly, can I run UO on them and possible VMware?  I'm not looking to spend too much and I don't want a desktop rig.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Considering an ultra-book
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
This should run UO and vmware without any problems and maybe even better than your old laptop and then it will be a whole lot cooler. Also if you have not used solid state drives yet you will love this laptop. I bought my wife a new laptop around june and had a 128 gb solid state drive place in it and man it makes the world of difference.

Tags: