Author Topic: SUO Launcher - Feedback  (Read 48221 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SUO Launcher - Feedback
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 09:33:33 AM »
+1
Once I get the ad servicing working, I'll disable it for the balance of the testing.  It's almost there; I just need to figure out that hover click thing...

For giggles, I need to see if the clicks are registering in adsense, so if you do get a chance to click them, please try on a couple of them.  I *believe* I registered the clicks that Trixta did yesterday.  Google is *very* smart about it.  I cannot test because they have my IP logged and will filter the clicks back to zero.  They probably have someone invisible standing behind me reporting back to the mother ship.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
+1
Try to click the "Update" Button.  That'll update all shard info in either personal or favorites tabs.  I'll make it work a little more automagically.

aye,

I have all my free servers stored on the personal tab, and it saves it there, just not on initial launch, it still says "cannot find a client"

It allows me to launch the client perfectly once I select the personal or favorites tab, that has the stored info.  It even then repopulates the public tab with the correct client path.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »
+1
Hmm, so are you saying that when you restart, the path for it has reverted to whatever was in your XML setup?  I reset my XML setup, and can save.  Perhaps you just have a corrupted XML? 

When I restart now, the path is updated to whatever I had set using the "Update" button.  I know that's working because I invalidated my installation by changing the main pathname.

I just want to know what's different on your end...
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
+1
I'm actually working through the setup of the program now that it's mostly done and re-formatting all of the initialization.  Hopefully it'll start working better for you Trixta once I have the logic making a bit more sense.  I see where the Launch button can become greyed and not be ungreyed.  So lemme work on it a bit.  I have to goto work today, so I might not have a new version until later this evening.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:59 AM »
+1
No worries,

I'm here to help you on your time :P

I'll try and figure out why it is not saving after closing and give you more info.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
+1
I had a version almost ready to test.  Hopefully it will help you address/debug any startup issues.  See v9
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
+1
Okay, tested out the newest one (V9). It launches the clients great as it did before.

1. There is a a small UO screenshot, I saw something about a shard advertisement but it does not show anything like that, just looks like a screenshot of a player and a statue on house steps.
2. Hover over uo screenshot that rotates in and out with Amazon ads, hover over it and it opens SUO at the main page.
3. Google ads, rotate and then after a few, it goes blank and sometimes there is an ad, and sometimes nothing. When it is blank, it has nothing to click on, I was thinking it would still take you to an ad site but not.
4. The small rectangular box at the bottom that says "located valid client" has a small thing on the right side to drag and possible enlarge. Nothing happens when you drag it but it is there.
5. The "About SUO Launcher" works good and the links to SUO and support (takes you to SUO Amazon page)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
+1
Okay, tested out the newest one (V9). It launches the clients great as it did before.

1. There is a a small UO screenshot, I saw something about a shard advertisement but it does not show anything like that, just looks like a screenshot of a player and a statue on house steps.
2. Hover over uo screenshot that rotates in and out with Amazon ads, hover over it and it opens SUO at the main page.
3. Google ads, rotate and then after a few, it goes blank and sometimes there is an ad, and sometimes nothing. When it is blank, it has nothing to click on, I was thinking it would still take you to an ad site but not.
4. The small rectangular box at the bottom that says "located valid client" has a small thing on the right side to drag and possible enlarge. Nothing happens when you drag it but it is there.
5. The "About SUO Launcher" works good and the links to SUO and support (takes you to SUO Amazon page)

1)
The UO screenshot was the beginnings of the 1st graphic splash for the Launcher.  It will just show once before the ad and the selected shard banner.  Right now that's just not quite done yet.

2) The hover over ads issue is something I'm working on.  Shouldn't be working that way, but it is anyhow.  I must fix that before this is released - it's quite annoying!

3) The google ads go blank because of some test code I have in there to try and prevent the hover-click.  That white space should go away once I figure out the hover issue

4)  I'll have to remove that handle if possible.  It does suggest "drag" and "resize", but this is a dialog-framed window, so there's no dragging or resizing possible.

Awesome testing, thanks for checking that stuff.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
+1
How crazy hard would it be to add the tree hack?  Would you have to update it each time uo patches? 
I guess the target audience is freeserver users and a lot of them have custom art too. Hmmmmmm

Tree hack and Always light seems to be the most requested mod ever LOL  You have 50% covered already.
Figured I would throw that out there. Having not been involved with tree hack since Winuo I would only speculate on the difficulties nowadays.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »
+1
How crazy hard would it be to add the tree hack?  Would you have to update it each time uo patches? 
I guess the target audience is freeserver users and a lot of them have custom art too. Hmmmmmm

Tree hack and Always light seems to be the most requested mod ever LOL  You have 50% covered already.
Figured I would throw that out there. Having not been involved with tree hack since Winuo I would only speculate on the difficulties nowadays.

The tree hack might not be easy since that effects more than one file.  The always light mod only required the change of client.exe.  Frankly, I don't know the details about the tree hack, so I might not understand.  Perhaps someone who knows this might be able to enlighten me.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »
+1
http://www.burningsheep.ch/finished.html

Some info, however I have not messed with any of this in years and years.

The tree hack is lower down the page.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
+1
Wow, those are great!  I need to see what patch method was used.  Knowing what I know now, patching isn't a big deal, but might be beyond the present implementation of this program.

Is this multipatcher still available?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:48:22 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
+1
Wow, those are great!  I need to see what patch method was used.  Knowing what I know now, patching isn't a big deal, but might be beyond the present implementation of this program.

Is this multipatcher still available?

http://www.burningsheep.ch/howto.html  it looks to be here in that top link.

I'll see if I can get it to work later, when I get done with these skills on UO-Rebirth.  (Tidus is making me level my chars and grind gear hahahaaha  Love you Tidus) :P

Looks like some other useful tools there too, but like I said the last time i messed with any of it was in like 2010-11 ish

Looks like the last update was September 2014  not too bad I guess lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:49:11 AM by Trixta »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
+1
Crome would hurt me if i gave you too much :)

I have added the SUO Launcher link to the bottom right of the forum page. Let me know if it works :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: