Author Topic: SUO Launcher - Feedback  (Read 49799 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: SUO Launcher - Feedback
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
Crome would hurt me if i gave you too much :)

I have added the SUO Launcher link to the bottom right of the forum page. Let me know if it works :)

That worked for me.  No graphic loaded though.  I'm assuming you didn't do that yet?

Oh, btw, I added another tag for the website url.  See the stickied post for the meta link.  You don't have to crunch the name and web url on the same line anymore (that's what I was thinking to do originally). 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:34:44 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
No picture yet, because haven't had a chance to make on at that dimensions.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 03:47:29 PM »
I tried to drag my link over to my v10 launcher and I all I get is the No sign over the whole program.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »
Tested out (V10) which was working nice. Shards connected nicely and I was happy to see that it saved the shards in personal and favorites. When I swapped from V8 to V9 the saved ones had disappeared.

1. The Google ads disappeared after a couple of rotations to never return even after closing it out and reopening.
2. The screenshot that rotates with the SUO Amazon store items stays on a lot longer than it probably should. I would think the rotation would be faster and the Amazon items would be visible longer than the screenshot.
3. I could not get anything to open when hovering over and moving mouse around. :)
4. This probably has no relevance but when I when I hover just below the buttons (add to personal, copy to favorites, updates, remove shard) the Archive Clients goes from TRUE to FALSE.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:58:23 PM by Crisis »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
I tried to drag my link over to my v10 launcher and I all I get is the No sign over the whole program.

That's a known issue when you try to run a webbrowser that doesn't have admin rights.  If you run your webbrowser with admin rights, then you should be able to link links.  Known and annoying issue of the interwebz and Windowz.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »

That's a known issue when you try to run a webbrowser that doesn't have admin rights.  If you run your webbrowser with admin rights, then you should be able to link links.  Known and annoying issue of the interwebz and Windowz.

Screw you IE.....

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »
Tested out (V10) which was working nice. Shards connected nicely and I was happy to see that it saved the shards in personal and favorites. When I swapped from V8 to V9 the saved ones had disappeared.

1. The Google ads disappeared after a couple of rotations to never return even after closing it out and reopening.
2. The screenshot that rotates with the SUO Amazon store items stays on a lot longer than it probably should. I would think the rotation would be faster and the Amazon items would be visible longer than the screenshot.
3. I could not get anything to open when hovering over and moving mouse around. :)
4. This probably has no relevance but when I when I hover just below the buttons (add to personal, copy to favorites, updates, remove shard) the Archive Clients goes from TRUE to FALSE.

1. That may have been a Google thing.  I'll keep an eye on it
2. I'm going to be changing the way the banner stuff displays now that I have some time.  Each one can be individually programmed with a timer and a number of displays.  I only want the SUO Launcher splash screen to display once, for example.  Now the hover thing is fixed, I can work on features!
3. Thank friggin GOD!
4. True/False displaying is just test code I'm using to show that the timer for the lower ad display has been reset.  If the mouse crosses that threshold, I reset the timer for another 9 seconds just so if someone was going to try and click something, there isn't a race to click it - especially if the timer was set to less than 1 second before changing the banner.  Make sense?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
Screw you IE.....

Lol, well unfortunately it does the same thing with Firefox, the googles, etc.  Thank Microsoft for that one...
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
I may have to invalidate your save XML files one more time.  I forgot to save something.  I really hate XML.... Version 11 will probably act wonky unless you delete the file.  I'll release that Thursday sometime.  Sorry.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2015, 02:52:20 AM »
Crome would hurt me if i gave you too much :)

if you give him from your player... no :)

I reinstated the newbie token so there shouldnt be much trouble anymore.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2015, 06:22:19 AM »
I am going to get this to run if it kills me. This weekend is Trail time!
Questions
Where does the xml file get formed?
What is the best directory to house the file?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2015, 08:33:59 AM »
Questions

I just run it off the desktop.  The XML file gets formed wherever you have the executable.  I'm toying with the idea to create an installer that will actually install this to a known directory, but that's hassle I didn't want.  It will solve a couple problems I'm having with needing a few temp files from time to time.

We NEED you to be able to run this!  Noboby breaks things quite like you (Or Kham for that matter)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »
Questions

I just run it off the desktop.  The XML file gets formed wherever you have the executable.  I'm toying with the idea to create an installer that will actually install this to a known directory, but that's hassle I didn't want.  It will solve a couple problems I'm having with needing a few temp files from time to time.

We NEED you to be able to run this!  Noboby breaks things quite like you (Or Kham for that matter)

hehehehehe lol

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2015, 09:54:43 AM »
I know you guys hate clicking the ads, but I need to be sure the change I made didn't break the ability to send the click information to Google.  So click a couple of the ads when they chance so I can make sure they are registering with Adsense.

I'll probably have to make one more small change, and have to test the clicking again.  I can't test like I said; they know my IP!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:31 AM »
Started to click a few of the ads and bam I broke it.

here is what i did, after click a few of the ads I decided to try out the lil X tick on the top right ad, well once i did it froze for a moment and the follow poped up....

when I tried to replicate it, I was unable to do so , however I was able to clicky the x and I clicked this ad covers the page and now nothing is populated in the ad space :P

**Quick edit  after a few moments the ads repopulated and are working again**

P.S. here is a copy of the log

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IWebBrowser2.Navigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
   at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
   at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.set_Url(Uri value)
   at Launcher.HMTLManager.UpdateBanner()
   at Launcher.MainForm.Timer1Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5548.215
    Win32 Version: 1.0.5548.215
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Cassie/Desktop/Launcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
resmodule
    Assembly Version: 0.0.65535.65535
a
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
resmodule
    Assembly Version: 0.0.65535.65535
Launcher
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Launcher
Launcher
Launcher
Launcher
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screenshot_1.jpg

Tags: