Author Topic: I blame Cerveza for this!  (Read 18657 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I blame Cerveza for this!
« on: June 28, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »
Probably unknown to Cerveza is that he got me into Firefly in a very big way.  First I started with watching the feature film "Serenity", then it went to purchasing the DVD/Special additions/BluRay/Fan Film/series, etc.  I have also gotten my family and friends into this.  Man, even my Father who has no love for television at all became a fan of this.

Now I wish I had gone to Comicon when the whole cast was available.  Oh well.

Damn you Cerveza!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: I blame Cerveza for this!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
You were always a brown coat at heart. I just brought it into the open.

Firefly is the greatest show ever. I can see why Fox canx it though, cause it was kinda pushing the edge.

I mean the most reputable person on board was the prostitute LOL.

But soooooo many unanswered questions. Hopefully a S2 will be in the works.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
You were always a brown coat at heart. I just brought it into the open.

Firefly is the greatest show ever. I can see why Fox canx it though, cause it was kinda pushing the edge.

I mean the most reputable person on board was the prostitute LOL.

JAYNE IS THE MAN!  The movie is way better if you watch the show first.  The show cancelled firefly because they messed it up.  They had the series and then decided to air something like episode 7 or something as the starting episode.  They thought the pilot wasn't good enough.  So they aired the shows out of order which left viewers going...wtf?  Then they canned it after 11 episodes but made 14.  They released it onto dvd and saw it had really really good sales and that's when they were like oh we messed up and made the movie Serenity.  The movie didn't cover half the questions, but was a rush to the center point of the storyline I guess.  They won't make a second one.  The guy who made it (forgot his name) is working w/ Eliza Dushku on something called Dollhouse from what I hear.  Who knows.  Also I was sad that Jayne wasn't as funny as his normal self in the movie.

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »
BTW that fact makes me hate fox! FIREFLY IS AMAZING!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

JAYNE IS THE MAN!  The movie is way better if you watch the show first.  The show cancelled firefly because they messed it up.  They had the series and then decided to air something like episode 7 or something as the starting episode.  They thought the pilot wasn't good enough.  So they aired the shows out of order which left viewers going...wtf?  Then they canned it after 11 episodes but made 14.  They released it onto dvd and saw it had really really good sales and that's when they were like oh we messed up and made the movie Serenity.  The movie didn't cover half the questions, but was a rush to the center point of the storyline I guess.  They won't make a second one.  The guy who made it (forgot his name) is working w/ Eliza Dushku on something called Dollhouse from what I hear.  Who knows.  Also I was sad that Jayne wasn't as funny as his normal self in the movie.

Yes, Jayne is nearly my favorite character.  And I do agree that you should see the series before you watch the feature so you can appreciate the gravity of the characters that are lost.  I didn't think too much of it, but after I saw the series I thought, "Holy crap!! Killed so-and-so!!!"  But yes, showing the series out of order from the beginning was just about the dumbest thing.  Problem was when I sent the disk set to my parents for Mother's day, my Mom looked at the aired dates and throught to herself that she should watch them in order of aired dates instead of episode numbers.  I threatened to disown her if she attempted to watch them out of the order that was originally intended.  She thanked me for it afterwards.

Well, at least Universal is reaping the benefits of the DVD sales, and not the losers at FOX (well, not directly anyhow).  Universal did a great thing with the movie, and as Cerveza says, hopefully good things will come from  S2.  At least Summer Glau is now unemployed so she might be available.  ;)  (Sorry, Summer).

But yes, I am a Brown Coat to the core.  But since it has nothing to do with Reality TV, Dancing with the Stars, Gardening for the Stars, Pool Cleaning for the Stars, etc, etc etc, it's number was taken before it began.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 06:17:07 PM »

Yes, Jayne is nearly my favorite character.  And I do agree that you should see the series before you watch the feature so you can appreciate the gravity of the characters that are lost.  I didn't think too much of it, but after I saw the series I thought, "Holy crap!! Killed so-and-so!!!"  But yes, showing the series out of order from the beginning was just about the dumbest thing.  Problem was when I sent the disk set to my parents for Mother's day, my Mom looked at the aired dates and throught to herself that she should watch them in order of aired dates instead of episode numbers.  I threatened to disown her if she attempted to watch them out of the order that was originally intended.  She thanked me for it afterwards.

Well, at least Universal is reaping the benefits of the DVD sales, and not the losers at FOX (well, not directly anyhow).  Universal did a great thing with the movie, and as Cerveza says, hopefully good things will come from  S2.  At least Summer Glau is now unemployed so she might be available.  ;)  (Sorry, Summer).

But yes, I am a Brown Coat to the core.  But since it has nothing to do with Reality TV, Dancing with the Stars, Gardening for the Stars, Pool Cleaning for the Stars, etc, etc etc, it's number was taken before it began.

Was Terminator officially cancelled?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »

Was Terminator officially cancelled?

That's the rumor, but I haven't heard definitely.  I'll ask my "people" though.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »

Well, the first movie did introduce a few of the more important issues and expand upon them.  Finally we got to see what kind of weapon River could be.  But you're right, I was really looking forward to seeing Nishka and Mal's wife return for more adventures.  In the end, we was left wanting more regarding the whole "I can kill you with my brain" thing.  ;)

@Hardyz:

Yes, Jane could be a solid crackup.  I shot milk out my nose more than once regarding his bonehead remarks.  There's one in the movie about the "safe word" that's classic Jayne.  But at least they did give him a couple funny ones.  It's hard to pack all that into a feature; especially the treatury regarding Simon and River.  "Ariel" was probably the best episode along with "War Stories".  It's hard with Firefly, there was something good about all of them. Sure there were only a few, but those few were really gems, one and all.

1) I wanted to know the Preachers past.
2) I wanted to see the re-emergence of the bad guys/gals.  They were thoughtful, and in regard to Mal's ex-wives, busty!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:49:10 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Freddy

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
you guys are nerds  8)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »
you guys are nerds  8)

Man, if that ain't the truth!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 03:18:42 AM »
Terminator was picked up for another season (announced a while back). Their adding hotties to the cast too.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
Terminator was picked up for another season (announced a while back). Their adding hotties to the cast too.

Ah good deal.  I'll have to be sure and tell my girlfriend asap; she was bummed when she first heard the rumor.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »

Well, the first movie did introduce a few of the more important issues and expand upon them.  Finally we got to see what kind of weapon River could be.  But you're right, I was really looking forward to seeing Nishka and Mal's wife return for more adventures.  In the end, we was left wanting more regarding the whole "I can kill you with my brain" thing.  ;)

@Hardyz:

Yes, Jane could be a solid crackup.  I shot milk out my nose more than once regarding his bonehead remarks.  There's one in the movie about the "safe word" that's classic Jayne.  But at least they did give him a couple funny ones.  It's hard to pack all that into a feature; especially the treatury regarding Simon and River.  "Ariel" was probably the best episode along with "War Stories".  It's hard with Firefly, there was something good about all of them. Sure there were only a few, but those few were really gems, one and all.

1) I wanted to know the Preachers past.
2) I wanted to see the re-emergence of the bad guys/gals.  They were thoughtful, and in regard to Mal's ex-wives, busty!!

definately the preacher's past
and inora's and mal's relationship like why she left the ship
I'm glad Kaylee and Simon got together in the end

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »
Ok, so if I get the Firefly series DVD's, should I watch the movie Serenity first, or not? Lemme know!!!!

/gC

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »
Ok, so if I get the Firefly series DVD's, should I watch the movie Serenity first, or not? Lemme know!!!!

/gC

Well, I would definitely recommend watching the series first.  Also be sure to watch the pilot episode from the series first and don't start with the "Train Job".  It's kinda sad, apparently they aired the two-hour pilot LAST (according to Amazon review).  This was the one where everything was setup and explained. Figures, no?

But I did watch the movie first, myself so there's no real harm in it.   
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: