Author Topic: Mwinc. Enchanted Apple Crafter  (Read 21359 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mwinc. Enchanted Apple Crafter
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »
All good, that was just back when scripting was actually fun.

I'll just delete it and replace the crafting subs with modern ones.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mwinc. Enchanted Apple Crafter
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
You should keep the graphic if for no other reason than it gave me a good laugh.

Until I got an old copy version of Easyuo functional I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Getting it to fit in the new Easyuo menu rules was easy - just needed a bit of analysis. I tend to not reuse names in stuff I write now - just because Cheffe said so. The fact is, reusing names is only sometimes troublesome.

I learned 2 things from this:
1) Applying the delete before using a named widget would remove most of the functionality from this clever example - so that isn't a general solution
2) Reusing names can sneak by in some situations where the widget is not referenced again (because the menu engine gets confused about it)

If you want assistance to modernize the graphic, I would be willing to help revise it with the new usage.

I do not remember seeing anywhere else an example of cartooning in EUO - so leaving it around as an inspirational example is my second reason to keep it going.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: