Author Topic: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options  (Read 24114 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bod Filler Expanded to Newer Craft Options
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
I will look at it when I get time.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 03:52:55 PM »
Sometimes "Metal container engraving tool" is used in place of the "tinker's tools" causing the script to get stuck.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »
Sometimes "Metal container engraving tool" is used in place of the "tinker's tools" causing the script to get stuck.
This one needs more information. There is code specifically in the script to handle these based on the color of the items. While the type is the same, both tinker's tools and the metal container engraving tool are differentiated by testing the color of the item to make sure it matches.

My curiosity is piqued by the 'Sometimes'...

Are you saying you have seen both:
  • it SUCCEED to fully craft items and fill the SBod?
  • it FAIL to fully craft items and fill the SBod?

Whatever the failure, it must be reproducible and 100% of the time the script logic has to run that course.

The script crafts its own tools, so it won't pull a tinker's tool from a secure to make something. The only thing that will be pulled from the primary secure are finished items to add  to the SBod.

It keeps using the same craft tool until it wears out, so for it to switch to a new craft tool item in the middle of the craft cycle the tinker tool must break. This will cause it to select a new tinker tool.

The craft tool selection happens by 1 routine, but there is a special case to handle tinker's tools vs the other craft tools. Since there is a 'tinker's tools' SBod, this gets some special treatment to make sure we do not use the last tinker tool. (This coincides with my comment about not pulling tools from the resource container, but always making what it needs.)

There are several SBods that have the same TYPE but different color or name, so I gave a lot of attention to testing these cases (tinkered jewelry, tinker's tools/metal container engraving tool, scribe's pen/spellbook inscription tool, fletching and carpentry weapons, etc.).

To have no metal container engraving tools in your backpack and start to craft to fill an SBod (I have tested this), it works - making the items and combining the SBod.

Since the script would loop on the engraving tool, the next time you experience this can you give some more details about what is happening and what is in your backpack? Are there 0 tinker's tools? Are there 3 tinker's tools? Did it just craft new tinker's tools?
If it is reusing the metal container engraving tool as a tinker's tool, then you should be able to put 2 engraving tools in your backpack, 1 tinker tool and the script should try to use the metal container engraving tool once the tinker's tool wears out - when filling ANY tinker SBods. Please test this situation with your setup.

I ask you to test it because there may be something in your environment and setup that I didn't think about.

We'll get to the bottom of it. :)

Thanks!
Gaderian

[/list]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 06:38:22 PM by Gaderian »

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »
It fails and starts using the engraving tool when the tinker tool runs out in the middle of the process. That is 100% reproducible for me so far.

This occurs even if there are other tools in the bag.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »
Nunchaku fixed in my version. These had a double issue. I corrected the generic issue that will apply to color material but with more than 1 material (the first issue with Nunchaku) - this was looking for a color of ingot and the same color for board. Now it only looks for the color of ingot (correctly) and uses plain colored materials for the remainder of boards, ingots or cloth (I do not know if any have a 2nd ingredient as leather... need to check that). The second issue was the same as Bola Balls - no matter what material you craft with, the finished item has a fixed color.

Before releasing this, I would like to ask for some help with some data gathering. I don't have time to do it, but I would like to figure out all the items this applies to before going further. I do not want to release 100 versions of the script just to fix 1 item at a time. If no one can help, it will get done by me eventually, but probably 1-3 months.

Here is what the work would be:
craft one of each item in some colored material (like dull copper or oak) and get the color data. Do any items not have the same color as the primary colored material?
Craft a nunchaku in dull copper, it is named "dull copper nunchaku" with a color of 0 instead of 2419 (dull copper color). I already did all the names over the summer, but I did not research the colors. Now I wish I had, but we are where we are.
A simple script could be created to do the data gathering. It would take a supply of cheap colored ore (wouldn't matter what, so dull copper and any of the lesser woods (oak (2010) or ash (1191)) would be sufficient. I placed the colors that match the material in parentheses.

Craft skills to be tested are: carpentry, tinkering, fletching.

As for the metal container engraving tool/tinker's tool issue, I will need an SBod. If you are willing to give 1 or a few to me, I can work on it.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 04:20:38 AM »
I think I've filled all of my container engraving BODs but I am probably going to be done filling all my other BODs later today and doing turn ins so I'll probably have some more tonight or tomorrow that I can give you.

I play on Atlantic.

As for the testing you need done I will try to get to it when my time allows. I spend way more time scripting UO than actually playing it right now because of parenting and family duties. I might be able to get some of it done tonight though.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 11:47:37 PM »
So here is the tinkering list that needs to be modified for the exceptions.
This list needs to be reduced by how many items cannot have a SBOD with anything other than iron ingot and plain wood.
If someone is willing to try bribing up the bods and see which get no more bribes after basic material, exceptional, 20 count, that would be helpful.

Carpentry and Fletching may have some items that need to be added to the list.

Again, this list is items crafted with material like dull copper, ash boards, spined leather, but are not taking on that color of the material.
There are 2 kinds of entries needed:
1) doesn't matter the material used - crafted as the same color (example 'clippers')
2) more than 1 material but can call for other colored resources (this needs to be filled out - nunchaku had metal and wood. The metal could be a different material, but for the wood the color doesn't matter).

ItemAlways a ColorMultiple ingredients
===========================================
Axleyesno
Axle With Gearsyes2
Barrel Hoopsyes?
Barrel Tapyesno
Bola Ballsyes?
Bolasyes2
Clippersyesno
Clockyes2
Clock Frameyes1
Clock Partsyes1
Copper Keyyes1
Dovetail Sawyes1
Draw Knifeyes1
Dull Copper Hammeryes1
Dull Copper Hatchetyes1
Dull Copper Nunchakuyes2
Dull Copper Pickaxeyes1
Dull Copper Sledge Hammeryes1
Dull Copper Smith's Hammeryes1
Fancy Wind Chimesyes?
Fletcher's Toolsyes1
Flour Sifteryes1
Froeyes1
Gearsyes?
Hingeyes1
Inshaveyes1
Jeweled Filigreeyes?
Jointing Planeyes1
Lockpickyes1
Mapmaker's Penyes1
Metal Container Engraving Toolyes?
Mortar And Pestleyes1
Moulding Planesyes1
Paper Lanternyes?
Rolling Pinyes1
Round Paper Lanternyes1
Sawyes1
Scissorsyes1
Scorpyes1
Scribe's Penyes1
Sewing Kityes1
Sextantyes1
Sextant Partsyes1 (Parts menu)
Shoji Lanternyes1
Shovelyes1
Skilletyes1
Smoothing Planeyes1
Springsyes1
Tinker's Toolsyes1
Tongsyes1
Wind Chimesyes?

My current guesses:
Tinkering - wood color doesn't matter.
Carpentry only wood color would matter, but there may be some items where regardless the material the color is the same. (still needs investigation).
Fletching - only wood color would matter, but does the multiple resource items come in color matching the wood??

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2021, 05:19:38 PM »
Finally got around to turning in my Tinkering BODs to get new ones and help you with this but the script I have for turning in BODs and gathering the rewards doesn't work on tinkering for some reason.

I was using Penny's BOD Swapper ( http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=14992.msg125421;topicseen#msg125421 )

Manually turning in these bods (500+) for points is very time consuming. I need to find a solution.

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 10:22:24 AM »
All I can say is thank you! Ran it with some fletching and alchemy bods once I figured out set up it worked flawless.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 08:33:13 AM »
Ran into a big issue with tailoring.

Had a spined leather bone helmet 10 normal BOD.

The script was making them endlessly and trashing them. They were all exceptional bone helmets so I am thinking that maybe because they were exceptional it was having an issue with them?

I didn't catch it until it had trashed 91~ helmets. Luckily I caught it and was able to pull them all out before they were deleted.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 08:35:47 AM »
What color are spines bone helms? Is it the same color as spines leather or just regular bone helm color? What is the value for #findcol when you find a helm?

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 08:37:27 AM »
The helmets are normal color.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 08:38:50 AM »
That is the same issue as the table of tinkered items. Thanks for reporting that. I will be able to correct that with the next version.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
This appears to be the case for all bone armor with none normal leather.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 07:40:44 PM »
"Wood Container Engraving Tool" gets hung up when the wood type is other than normal.

Tags: