Author Topic: TrailMyx's Runebook Organizer  (Read 10023 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Runebook Organizer
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:31:32 AM »
Code: [Select]
;============================================
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Runebook Organizer
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 0.4
; Client Tested with: 5.0.1h 60
; EUO version tested with: 1.5 105
; Shard OSI / FS:  FS (Alexandria) / OSI OK
; Revision Date:  15-Feb-07
; Public Release: 15-Feb-07
; Global variables:  none
; Purpose:
;  Organize a runebooks contents.  Lets you experiment with rune placement
;  before you commit to the layout.
;
;
; Menu designed with Menu Designer.
;
;============================================

This is one of those strange scripts that can be pretty nice when you want to re-organize the contents of a runebook.  It's a bit slow since you can get lots of "you must waits" generated by removing runes.

Note this script removes the runes to scan the names, so be careful to either commit your changes, or restore the runes.  Otherwise you'll have a pack full of runes and an empty runebook.

I haven't tested this too much so any feedback would be welcome.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tool_runebook_organizer4.txt
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:33:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline pixijayne

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pixijayne has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Runebook Organizer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Ok ...

As a returnee, who has brought her 2 kids along I have been charged with the setting up of some of the finer things ...

Rune books is one thing.

With the new rules inplace many of my old runes are now working so its revamp time for all my rune books, then I plan to copy them for the kids  ...

I tripped over this script and its being quite helpful, but it could be better.

I found these newfangled items a Runic Atlas giving bunches more space for runes ... this script is set for the old style rune books, how big a job is it to upgrade the script - Im happy to do some of it I just need a hand to get started  ....

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
Oh yeh, this script is REALLY REALLY old.  I wrote it even before this site was even in existence.  I'm sure it could use some sprucing up from the technical level in addition to all the new-fangled items such as the runic atlas.  In all honestly, I never really considered this script finished, but if it gives people a starting point, then at least it still has some use.

I haven't even looked into the runic atlases yet.  Probably not a terrible job, but nothing small either.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
One of these days I will need to try this out. I have a lot of old and outdated runebooks.

Offline pixijayne

• Activity:
    0%
  • pixijayne has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 11:20:25 AM »
One of these days I will need to try this out. I have a lot of old and outdated runebooks.

As TM said
this script is REALLY REALLY old.

But it worked flawlessly; on the old style runebooks. Kinda made me wish I hadnt invested so much time and effort in getting the new Runic Atlas books  ....

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »
Atlas book are nice for home.    If you look over easy UO you might find a script that use the atlas. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
This is a perfect example of one of the scripts I spent alot of time on, used a couple times and kinda forgot about.  So I never really bulletproofed it.  I remember it being kinda lag sensitive, and when it disassembles your runebook, it's a pain when it can reassemble it correctly.  But I'm glad you found it still kinda works.  For those times where it randomizes your rune book; my apologies.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline tehmt

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tehmt has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »
Oh yeh, this script is REALLY REALLY old.  I wrote it even before this site was even in existence.  I'm sure it could use some sprucing up from the technical level in addition to all the new-fangled items such as the runic atlas.  In all honestly, I never really considered this script finished, but if it gives people a starting point, then at least it still has some use.

I haven't even looked into the runic atlases yet.  Probably not a terrible job, but nothing small either.

just used it, worked flawless! thanks ;)

feature request: drop runes on $atlas (runic atlas!). IMHO not needed to add organize functionality for atlas, just to merge books into atlas.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
HAH, that's hilarious.  I can't believe that thing still works after all these years.  When it doesn't work, it fails spectacularly!  Just fair warning..
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Anvil

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile