Author Topic: Do people still do these?  (Read 903 times)

Offline dimluTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dimlu has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Do people still do these?
« on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:07 PM »
I'm Dim.  I work in cybersecurity.  I've been writing code for a while.  I'm here to check out a few scripts and see if I can improve on them

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Do people still do these?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 05:23:07 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

This site is fairly active and is a community and home of scripters for UO.

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

Offline dimluTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dimlu has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 09:47:32 AM »
Sure.  Been playing since UO:R off and on (mostly off if I'm being honest), which makes me roughly 200 years old :P.  EasyUO is actually what got me into coding.  This has been an invaluable skill and I wish more people would learn the basics.

I used to be a bit of a hardcore gamer, but now I have a family so I'm definitely more on the casual side.  Don't really have the time to pour into all of the stuff that comes with being a hardcore gamer.  As I said in the previous post, I'm in cyber security.  I do vulnerability management.  So I spend a lot of time coding for work.  In my free time though, what I really enjoy doing... is also coding.  I'm a big ole nerd like that.

I've played on many different shards, OSI and Free.  I honestly have a better time on the free shards.  No hate for OSI, but it kinda feels like they abandoned it.  The free shards are definitely hit or miss, but when you find a good one they tend to put a lot more effort into it.  To each their own though; I see the appeal for OSI as well.

Let's see... what else.. oh, in all the years I've played UO, I still don't believe I have a firm grasp on it all (especially with all the stuff that's been introduced in the last decade or so), so I'm trying to educate myself on how all the things work so I can automate them.  Did I mention that I like to code?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 06:19:36 PM »

Thanks for your expanded introduction, we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 08:44:29 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 11:18:09 AM »
if you need help with new templates or any of the new paragon bosses let me know. Being a returning player over the last 6 months I have learned a lot of the new stuff. PM me anytime. Welcome

Tags: