Author Topic: Old guy new Member  (Read 1213 times)

Offline gettingbybobTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gettingbybob has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Old guy new Member
« on: April 30, 2023, 05:08:43 AM »
Hiya everyone. Trying to enjoy UO to at it's best and after so long learning how things like this worked seemed a great way to get going. PLayed back in 2000, been back for a little over a year now on Great Lakes, just looking to try some new things and learn a thing or two I think.

I have been an EC user since I came back but after getting bored and frustrated with certain things I started up Orion and i Have to admit that 60 fps isn't to bad at all and it's worth getting into, so there by a  lot of silly questions and bigger mistakes will probably be made on my part but I am ready and willing to give it a shot!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 05:14:20 AM by gettingbybob »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Old guy new Member
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 08:55:18 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 09:07:12 AM »
Welcome to SUO!!

HI started up Orion and i Have to admit that 60 fps isn't to bad at all and it's worth getting into, so there by a  lot of silly questions and bigger mistakes will probably be made on my part but I am ready and willing to give it a shot!

Quote from: Albert Einstein
“You never fail until you stop trying.”

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 03:15:34 PM »
Welcome back to Ultima Online! It's great to see long-time players like yourself returning to the game. I've been playing for over two decades and it's always nice to meet fellow veterans.

It sounds like you've been enjoying your time back on Great Lakes and are ready to try some new things. I understand that you've been using the Orion client, which is something I have no experience with. It's always interesting to see how players adapt to new technology and I'm glad to hear that you're finding it helpful.

As someone who has played with the EC client, I can understand your frustration with certain aspects of it. There are always going to be little things that bother us about a particular client, but it's great that you've found something that works for you with Orion.

Don't worry about making mistakes or asking silly questions. We all have to start somewhere and the UO community is always welcoming and helpful to new and returning players. If you ever need any advice or assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

One thing I wanted to touch on was your advanced age. It's fantastic to see players of all ages enjoying UO, and I think it's a testament to the game's enduring appeal. Whether you're a young player just starting out or a seasoned veteran like yourself, there's always something new to discover in Britannia.

As a fellow long-time player, I would recommend checking out some of the newer content that has been added since your last play in 2000. There are a lot of exciting things to explore, such as new dungeons, quests, and events.

Also, if you're interested in a bit of nostalgia, there are still many players who collect rares and other vintage items from the early days of the game. It's always fun to reminisce about the "good old days" of UO, and who knows, you might even find some old items that you used to own.

Finally, I just want to say that it's great to have you back in the game. UO has been a big part of my life for many years, and I'm sure it's been the same for you. It's always heartwarming to see players returning to a game that has meant so much to them over the years.

I hope to see you around Britannia soon, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Welcome back, gettingbybob!

Sincerely,

TrackStar

Tags: