Author Topic: Potential function inclusion in future version?  (Read 7292 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Potential function inclusion in future version?
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:07:02 AM »
Hey there TM!

As usual I find myself using ScriptUO for more than just .euo scripts  ::)

What do you think about adding an "All Files" option in the "Files of Type" drop-down when going to Load File? I find myself often looking to open files of type .vbs and .sql.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Potential function inclusion in future version?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:51:19 AM »
what is the benefit of having .vgs and .sql files?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
.vbs = VBScript
.sql = Transact SQL script

These just happen to be file-types that I work on daily; the file extension is kind of arbitrary however. With an "all files" option you could click on "File" then "Load File" and see more than just files with the extensions of .txt, .suo, or .euo. Therefore I could choose to view "all files" and open anything I want (such as .vbs or .sql files). Many Windows-based programs do this by default, it is handy.

XII

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »
Ya, I'm the same way.  I find the live search feature that I came up with works better in ScriptUO than some other ones.  In fact, I've kinda thought about applying the work on ScriptUO to a more generic editor.  Although I really like notpad++, sometimes I feel that it's just cumbersome.

But I have thought about allow you to "turn on" certain features like this via an XML setup file.  I'm nearly ready to start playing with ScriptUO again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:59 AM »
You should really open up to donations TM.  I'd be willing to buy you a mexican lunch for your work on SUO. :)  Really appreciate it. 

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
You should really open up to donations TM.  I'd be willing to buy you a mexican lunch for your work on SUO. :)  Really appreciate it. 

i would send you cookies  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »
BTW 12X.  I added this feature just after I put up version 234.  I have a couple more things to add, then I'll publish back to the beta section.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
Best programming Software:
Notepad++
Programmer's Notepad (for ANYTHING!!)
Eclipse (for JAVA, it's amazing!)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
BTW 12X.  I added this feature just after I put up version 234.  I have a couple more things to add, then I'll publish back to the beta section.
Just got home from a weekend in the mountains and caught this one, that is awesome TM! Looking forward to grabbing the next version :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
Give the 234 version a whirl in the mean time.  I'm interested in feedback for the favorites section.  Potentially might not be very helpful with people who play with just a few scripts.  But if you are maintaining a whole bunch, it really seems to help.  I was spending an increasing amount of time hunting through my script repository looking for ones simple because I forgot what I named it.  lol.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:13:05 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: